General Electric FPI II Inspector in Springdale, Ohio
Job Description Summary
Perform all responsibilities of the fluorescent penetrant inspection method as a Level II per QCWI AC174 on aircraft hardware and other components; Evaluate and interpret inspection results in accordance with Engine Shop Manuals, Service Bulletins, Manufacturing Blueprints, Process Specifications and Work Instructions; Accurately document inspection findings and archive historical records; Effectively communicate information and perform duties in a teaming environment; Maintain pertinent records and perform related duties; Assist in cross-training and lead team discussions to find creative solutions to solve business critical problems; Lead change in a dynamic work environment and implement Continuous Improvement and Lean initiatives.
• High school diploma, or GED
• Must pass initial eye exam—Jaeger 1 at 12” with corrective lenses and the Ishihara Color Blindness Test— and annual reverification exams
• Ability to utilize lifting devices and cranes, including ability to obtain forklift license as required
• Ability to certify as a Level II in FPI per QCWI AC-179
• Possess the skills and knowledge to set up and calibrate equipment, conduct tests, interpret, evaluate and document inspection results without supervision
• Demonstrate the ability to utilize shop math and gauges (micrometers, calipers, pin gauges, etc.) as they relate to FPI
• Experience with basic use of computers, applications and keyboarding (e.g. Email, Microsoft Excel, Word, etc.)
• Good Communication and Interpersonal Skills
• Demonstrated analytical aptitude with attention to detail
• Current Valid Level II Certification per QCWI AC-179 or NAS410/ASNT-TC-1A in PT/FPI.
• Experience working with shop engine manuals, service bulletins, machine shop blue prints, engineering sketches, airworthiness directives, etc.
• Experience in set up and calibration of FPI Inspections Systems.
• Experience with troubleshooting issues related to inspection system malfunctions.
• Prior aviation repair experience.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/GE11GLOBAL/en_global/desktop/assets/images/poster_screen_reader_optimized_w_supplement.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No