General Electric Lead Engineer - Customer Application Engineering in Singapore, Singapore
The Lead Engineer demonstrates leadership in communicating Substation Automation Control System (SAS) Solutions to customers and acceptance of GE offering. Provides the experience, expertise and knowledge of Standards/ GE offerings and Customers requirements to solve problems involving Substation Control schemes with options and negotiate internally/externally the suitability of all.
The role has influence on short-term targets working as part of the regional teams. Key activity is leading the regional team (including Channel Partners), develop and execute long-term business strategic goals for SAS within various Countries and End Users. Predominately a technical role with strong emphasis on customer relationships to achieve homologated offerings and customer focused solutions. Business development and communications both internally and externally are integral to success in the role.
. Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned individual and team projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product /program requirements
· Provide technical leadership to personnel/ cross functional teams supporting the assigned products and offering.
· Implement plans with guidance to meet Customer expectations and acceptance
· Develop action plans with guidance to respond to issues, approvals of new solutions and increasing market share with existing products
· Lead or participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues
· Recommend, with guidance, the approach to meet the technical and program requirements with a focus on the development and growth of Substation control business
· Participate and present or review in technical and program reviews
· Present to customers (internal/external/channels) on new offerings and developments including feedback on products gaps and features needed in the GE offering to exceed market expectations
· Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
· Build Customer relationships focus on technical aspects to promote market growth
· Provide technical co-ordination between Central Product Line, Regional Sales, Tendering and Application teams with Channel Partners and Customers in area of expertise
·Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma/GED with at least 4 years of experience in Engineering.
·At least 3 additional years of experience in Engineering position.
·Essential experience, knowledge and demonstrated practical skills in HV (or MV) Substation Automation Systems, Protection systems and Communication protocols across all aspects of Design, Configuration, Testing and Commissioning.
·Knowledge of IEC61850, Substation Digital Control Systems, RTUs is essential and ability to communicate clearly on these topics across a wide diverse Customer base
·Strong oral and written communication skills.
·Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
·Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
·Demonstrated ability to lead strategic programs.
·Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
·Able to develop and execute objectives for self and others.
·Ability to provide Innovative Solutions to Market requirements based on sound Engineering
·Ability to present Solutions to Customers based on substantial technical knowledge in a clear logic form
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
Locations: Singapore; Singapore