General Electric Inventory Analyst in Singapore, Singapore
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
This role will maintain data to facilitate good forecasting and reasonable inventory levels. Drive process improvements & standards in our shipping, receiving and material handling.
• Reviews incoming orders to ensure the proper parts are available when needed.
• Typically works with whole parts, not materials that are added on to manufactured product.
• Orders parts from special parts manufacturing within the company or from outside vendors.
• Maintains data to facilitate good forecasting and reasonable inventory levels.
• Communicates with manufacturing and district offices to properly plan and control inventory levels of small parts.
• Enters orders into manufacturing system.
• Serves as contact for district and/or customer to determine status of order grouped by product line.
• Cross-trains to back up other administrators.
• Rotates on-call status to provide 24/7 coverage.
• Handles special projects, as assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• 5+ years’ experience in inventory control, forecasting, customer service.
• Broad knowledge of product line(s) of responsibility.
• General knowledge of all other product lines.
• Knowledge of processes of manufacturing environment.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Understanding of quality systems and industry standards.
Locations: Singapore; Singapore