General Electric Business Development Manager - Enterprise Solutions (ES) Asia in Singapore, Singapore
You will drive the commercial process for our Enterprise Solutions (ES) offerings, such as FlexFactory™, KUBio™, and enabling services incl. Fast Trak. You will qualify leads, scope out business opportunities, establish and manage multi-level customer relationships; throughout the project acquisition and negotiations process partner with global as well as regional teams from commercial, modality and support functions at all levels of the organization.
You’ll have commercial oversight during project execution and maintain long term customer relations beyond project closure.
As the assigned region lead, you will differentiate GE Healthcare’s Enterprise Solutions offerings including KUBio™, FlexFactory™, Fast Trak and other enabling services to convey a compelling and unique value proposition that enables our customers achieve their objectives in the complex biopharmaceutical development and commercialization process. Key Responsibilities include:
Product & Market Expertise
• Demonstrate critical Process, Product and Market Expertise, with detailed knowledge of our ES offerings that address investment, operational, technology and outcome benefits for our customers.
• Continuously update your understanding of our customers’ changing economic, regulatory, clinical and/or operational challenges.
• Design and present viable solutions configurations to meet customer needs effectively while ensuring that the Life Sciences performance objectives are achieved.
• Differentiate our solutions offering during the various stages of the sales process, effectively using GE resources, marketing and product promotion materials to actively support the customer through their decision making process towards a successful outcome.
• Develop together with an internal team of subject matter experts the winning proposal, that addresses customer requirements in most commercially viable and technically feasible way. Leverage standardized solutions as possible, create customized or extended offerings to bridge portfolio gaps as appropriate.
• Estimate date of delivery to customer based on knowledge of the company's production and delivery schedules ensuring fulfillment of the order is according to customer expectations and enhances customer satisfaction.
• Provide input to deal- and pricing strategy. Efficiently drive contract negotiations to closure as deal team representative for ES Commercial and meet customer satisfaction, orders, sales and margin targets, whilst ensuring compliance and integrity at all times.
• Engage during project execution as ES Commercial representative (and potential project steering committee member) with customer and internal execution teams, support the PM in change order process and any commercial / contractual topics as may arise.
• Create business plans for assigned region including, but not limited to, lead identification, opportunity development, competitive strategies and targets and build strong business relationships and support to formulate and execute account strategies to meet GE Healthcare’s objectives.
• Continuously engage in educational dialogue with sales leaders and account team members, coach on ES’ strategy and offerings to identify and create new opportunities and increase prospect funnel. Contribute to account plans of Global Strategic Accounts and Key Accounts.
• Identify & respond to key customer technical and departmental decision makers’ needs and maintain their contact records in the relevant CRM tools.
• Forecast orders and sales within the sales funnel tools and reports for ES products/solutions/services in assigned territory.
• Competently represent for ES in internal meetings with Life Sciences / BioProcess leadership on e.g. business reviews, forecasting, go-to-market or other strategic planning.
• Track and communicate market trends to/from the field including competitor data, and develop, contribute to or lead effective counter-strategies.
• Represent the company at relevant conferences and technical exhibitions to promote ES. Exhibit thought leadership learnings and continuously develop and improve a network of key opinion leaders within the assigned territory.
• Collaborate with and leverage internal and external subject matter experts and other resources within GEHC channels to build relationships and secure business.
• Bachelor’s Degree plus min. 7 years of experience in Life Sciences Business Development & Sales and/or technical field (e.g. biotech engineering, biopharma manufacturing operations), ideally with multi-national customers.
• Proven and progressive previous experience in sales/services/promotion to C-suite, technical and commercial decision makers, i.e. CEOs/CFOs/COOs, VPs of Manufacturing, Strategic Planning Directors,
Facilities/Estates/Operations Leaders, Biotech Engineers and Process Scientists.
• Ability to interface with both internal team members and external customers as part of solutions based sales approach.
• Ability to energize, develop and build rapport at all levels within an organization.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in local language as well as strong command of English.
• Ability to synthesize complex issues and communicate in simple messages.
• Excellent commercial organizational and analytics skills. Superior Negotiator.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
Locations: Singapore; Singapore, Taiwan, Korea