General Electric Material Planner in Shannon, Ireland
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. We deploy minds and machines to enhance customer productivity, safety and environmental stewardship, while minimizing costs and risks at every step of the energy value chain. With operations in over 120 countries, we infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
This position is based in Shannon, Ireland at GE Sensing EMEA. GE Sensing EMEA is a business of Baker Hughes, a GE company. We are a high technology process control instrumentation company developing innovative solutions for measuring flow, moisture and gas within process industries.
We have 2 positions, to back-fill the increasing workload on site.
The Material Planner will provide direction and assistance to work group in order to meet assigned objectives. In this role, you will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
• Coordinate and execute scheduling activities for assigned part numbers using advanced planning system
• Assure that the shop has the necessary materials, configuration records, manpower, and tooling to meet required manufacturing / production levels
• Coordinate input on material shortages, farm out, and delivery of hardware
• Identify and react to material plans that do not meet customer requirements
• Monitor implementation of corrective action plans
• Provide effective scheduling and implementation of all programs based on the Master Schedule, cycle time, shop capacity, hardware / tooling availability, and status to schedules
• Monitor supply and demand misalignment using advanced planning system, and collaborate with manufacturing sources to implement corrective action plans
• Act as a focal point and monitor assigned areas to ensure hardware and subassemblies’ delivery dates meet production needs
• Coordinate the efforts of cross-functional groups and across shifts to resolve bottlenecks, parts shortages, machine maintenance, manpower issues, and shop capacity
• Work with shop management to develop hardware delivery commitments
• Assure timely shipments to all customers and prepare and implement work orders and plans as required
• Interface with demand management, shop scheduling, fulfillment team, configuration control, supply sources, customer service reps and other BHGE organizations as required
• Maintain accurate trace ability for all records created during manufacturing of products and ICR transfers
• Analyze and measure the current production status and identify problem areas that inhibit full schedule realization
• Analyze data to determine opportunities to decrease inventory, improve customer service levels and reduce total costs
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college
• Proven years experience in a Material Planning capacity
• Ideally, some years of experience in utilizing planning systems
• SAP experience highly desirable
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and establish effective work priorities
• Prior experience in production control or planning, supervision, sourcing or material control environment
• Ability to work effectively in all environments
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Locations: Ireland; Shannon