General Electric Lean Manufacturing Engineer in Shannon, Ireland
Role Summary:The Lean Manufacturing Engineer will lead improvements activities in safety, quality, delivery, productivity, cost and efficiency. In addition, the individual will support ongoing manufacturing operations within our NDT transducer manufacturing product line.
Essential Responsibilities:• Identify areas for improvement and educate how to improve business and manufacturing processes.
• Lead 6S, VSM, kaizen activities, identifying inefficiencies in productivity with a focus on layouts and sequencing.
• Track & report project savings for variable cost productivity team.
• Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems
• Deploy appropriate methodologies to problem solving (A3 /DMAIC) to support teams in problem solving.
• Implement standard work, visual factory and error proofing (poka yoke)
• Maintain BOMs, routers, assembly procedures, test procedures and specifications, ensure current standards for products released to manufacturing.
• Work with the transducer technology teams, application specialists and quality department to improve process stability and product quality
• Aid in the design and enhancement of the shop floor control system to reduce cost, lead times, and increase throughput
• Provide technical production support for all transducer manufacturing/engineering departments.
• Suggest and implement quality improvements.
Qualifications/Requirements:Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing or similar field.
Green/black belt lean qualification.
Continuous improvement practitioner/Lean Practitioner/ Process Efficiency/Excellence Practitioner
Min 3 years’ experience in similar role.
Desired Characteristics:Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to work independently. Strong problem-solving skills.
Proficient in Microsoft word/excel/PowerPoint
Adept in statistical analysis software MiniTab / JMP or similar.
• Lean Manufacturing knowledge
• Understanding of ISO9001 and Health and Safety practices
• Understanding manufacturing processes
• Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment
• Planning and prioritising activities
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Problem solving skills
• Team working skills
• Analytical skills
• Understanding of cost and financial impacts
• Ability to work on own initiative
• SAP Experience.
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.comAdditional Locations:Ireland;Shannon;