General Electric VP- Strategy & BD, GEHC Greater China in Shanghai, China
Job Description Summary
The VP- Strategy and Business Development will work with GE Healthcare Greater China CEO & leadership team to translate concepts, develop strategy, and implement actions. In this role you will create programs responsive to the external environment and participate in cross-functional business development to enable the regional growth strategy for Greater China.
Lead strategy planning and deployment process for GE Healthcare Greater China. Support strategy development and new business creation across China in key areas of focus.
Prioritize business requirements, perform gap and opportunity analysis for current business portfolio, and define strategic and tactical steps to best position GE Healthcare China and the Product/regional P&L segments for accelerated growth.
Provide business development leadership for GE Healthcare China, to develop and execute all inorganic growth transactions.
Work closely with SBUs to lead the generation and execution of a wide range of business development activities, including acquisitions, Joint Ventures, partnerships, investments, divestitures, strategic licensing and alliances, in support of key growth initiatives.
Support the global BD team on the strategic projects as needed or required
• Bachelor’s Degree above (preferably in Economics, Business Administration, Finance or a technical field, Healthcare industry background is a strong plus)
• A minimum of 15 years of highly strategic business experience in the areas of acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, licensing, alliance arrangements and other investments, in a corporate, investment banking or consulting environment
• Strategic & innovative thinking: Simplifying strategy into specific actions with clear accountability, making decisions with speed and accuracy based on best available
• Proven deal leadership skills with track record of successful closed deals of significant magnitude, complexity and international reach.
• Strong business and financial acumen. Demonstrated excellence in analyzing and negotiating business transactions including acquisition evaluation, modeling and financial statement analysis.
• Strong problem solving and analytical capability.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate complex business issues.
• Ability to understand and help formulate the business’ inorganic growth strategy and proactively identify inorganic opportunities to accelerate strategy aligned with the overall growth strategy.
• Strong interpersonal and influencing skills. Demonstrated team leadership/coaching/facilitation skills.
• Integrity: Accepting and adhering to high ethical, moral, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions, and when dealing with others.
• Adaptable/Flexible: Being open to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances and/or to work in ambiguous situations.
• Ability to work within a strong matrix organizational environment and to interact with executives at the most senior levels.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes