General Electric Training Developer in Shanghai, China
Role Summary:The Biopharma Services organization is transforming Service training by building curricula focused on what matters most: Identifying what users need and delivering that content as they perform Service, wherever it resides. Our products and services enable our global customers to develop the cutting-edge pharmaceutical, cell and gene therapy breakthroughs that change the world. Global Service Technical Training supports more than 400 field service personnel, in every time zone, in real-time.
Essential Responsibilities:• Develop highly technical, detailed, engaging, task-based content where the learner frequently interacts with the materials.
• Lead complex projects where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors including common skills, complex software environments with multiple systems and subsystems, and cultural applicability.
• Meet and communicate effectively with subject matter experts (SMEs) and stakeholders globally to validate and demonstrate content you develop.
• Work in small teams to develop content collaboratively, with precision, speed and transparency.
• Create or leverage existing media assets, perform image manipulation/optimization, and modify design layouts to suit the content.
• Envision new methods of delivering content for complex products.
• Participate as part of a team and maintain good relationships with team members and stakeholders. Act as technical lead, advising other members on writing, curriculum design, product technologies.
• Lead discussions on revising content style standards and collaboratively create and revise them.
• Demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to follow through on multiple tasks and projects in parallel.
• Work independently to identify and locate resources such as lead engineers, product owners, product managers, etc. as necessary to provide SMEs, feedback, validation, concept models for courses and course offerings
• Strong desire to learn new technologies and methodologies.
• Maintain existing courses to keep them up-to-date, collaborating with other instructional designers, SMEs, and engineering personnel as required.
• Highly self-motivated and self-managed and be able to work independently and/or as part of a team with minimal supervision.
Quality Specific Goals:
Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines.
Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required.
Qualifications/Requirements:• Bachelors in Instructional Design or equivalent experience using adult learning principles, methods, theories, and techniques for global audiences + 6 years of experience.
• Mastery of standard content development tools including Microsoft Office, Camtasia, Captivate, Storyline and at least one online presentation tool (for example: WebEx, Zoom, Adobe Connect, etc.).
• Flexible schedule to accommodate global meetings.
• Demonstrated experience working remotely and being self-driven
• Ability to travel up to 30% of the time.
• Impeccable written and spoken English skills
• Experience creating story-boards collaboratively.
• Experience publishing SCORM files to a Learning Management System (LMS).
• Ability to adapt quickly to change and work successfully in an evolving and culturally diverse environment.
• Creative problem solver.
Desired Characteristics:1. Master’s Degree in Training Development or Learning Technologies + 3 year of experience.
Demonstrated experience in Instructional Design within a technical environment.
Three plus years designing and developing enablement content (technical training for end users, partners, technical support engineers, etc.).
Knowledge of technical products, preferably Life Sciences and/or IT related.
Voiceover artistry capabilities, with appropriate pacing, clear annunciation and pronunciation.
Experience working with on-premise vs cloud and hybrid solutions, SaaS concepts.
Strong knowledge of adult learning theories and how they impact instructional methodologies.
Strong graphical design skills.
A team player with proven ability to work effectively with all levels of an organization.
Ability to influence and drive new ideas.
Self-starter with an enthusiastic and proactive style.
Prior success working with cross-functional and virtual teams.
Motivated by challenges, with proven record of delivering quality work on time.
Classroom / Virtual classroom/ Blended learning training experiences.
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.comAdditional Locations:China, India, Sweden, United Kingdom, United States;Massachusetts, ShangHai;Shanghai, Marlborough, Uppsala, Amersham, Bangalore;