General Electric Test Engineer in Shanghai, China
Role Summary:Every employee will exhibit the highest standards of ethical conduct and is responsible for fully understanding and complying with company policies incorporated in The Spirit and the Letter.
Essential Responsibilities:The Test Engineer is responsible to setup, calibrate, operate and support state of the art data acquisition systems and instrumentation to measure temperature, pressure, flow, strain, vibration, clearance, dynamics etc for engineering development tests for Power Products and Services world-wide. Working with IT departments and with other team members, set up and maintain network connectivity for remote data monitoring and transmit engineering test data from remote locations to GE Power Engineering development centers. Work with test and design engineers to plan and develop data systems to execute development tests and support engineering tests both in labs and the field. Work with logistics team on packing and shipping data systems hardware to test sites around the world.
Provide cost efficient ways to transmit and view engineering test data from remote locations to GE Energy Engineering Division development centers. Work with test Engineers and design engineers to plan and develop data systems to execute CDT COE customer tests and support engineering tests both in the field and in house.
Specific Responsibilities & Key Results Expected:
Work as extended team member of C&DT Data Systems Engineering team. Acquire, process, and present test data quickly to conduct cost effective tests that meet or exceed engineering requirements.
Maintain instrumentation and data acquisition equipment inventory to provide fast response to meet engineering test requirements.
Provide capability and flexibility to conduct “small scale” to “large scale” field test anywhere in the world.
Develop and provide capability to measure data from rotating components.
Develop new and customize on-line engineering analysis and calculation programs as needed.
Maintain and manage test data storage and archival while maintaining system security.
Provide data reduction, analysis and processing of raw engineering test data including dynamic data both in real time and/or posttest.
Dynamic data analysis can be in time and/or frequency domain using well-established software tools and/or new tools as needed.
Follow and maintain the C&DT Quality Management System.
• BS in Engineering or Computer Science.
• Demonstrated technical knowledge and experience with instrumentation, real time data systems, and procedures used in acquiring engineering measurements of temperature, pressure, dynamic pressure, high temperature dynamic strain, blade tip clearance and other measurements associated with Power development testing.
• Demonstrated technical knowledge and experience with instrumentation and telemetry systems used in acquiring engineering measurement from rotating components.
• Demonstrated technical program and budget management experience and skills.
• Demonstrated project leadership skills and ability to work in team environment.
• Proven track record as problem solver and capable of creative and innovative technical solutions.
• Flexibility to travel, more than 50% of the time travel world-wide to support testing.
• Flexible work hours at customer test site to support testing.
• M.S. in Engineering
Desired Characteristics:Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to work independently. Strong problem solving skills.
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.comAdditional Locations:China;ShangHai;Shanghai;