General Electric Technical Leader – PCBA in Shanghai, China
Role Summary:The Technical Leader – PCBA is a role in the Land Constrained Hub Subsystem engineering team. This role will have design responsibility for all PCBA designs in Onshore Wind turbine pitch systems
Essential Responsibilities:• Support component design lifecycle of PCBAs in the wind turbine pitch system.
• Provide technical guidance and mentoring to team of power electronics design engineers.
• Prioritize and delegate work to global team of design engineers and sub-contractors.
• Review drawings, schematics, and technical specifications for accuracy prior to release.
• Work with Systems Engineers and Program Managers to develop component design schedules that meet program schedules and milestones.
• Interface with external suppliers and sourcing to develop design cycles that meet wind turbine new product introduction delivery targets.
• Drive should-cost assessments and support cost optimization efforts with PCBA suppliers to meet component cost targets.
• Work with Hub Structures, Bearings, and Electrical Technical Leaders to ensure a robust subsystem design.
• Drive tool development efforts to ensure consistency and thoroughness of analytical reliability models.
• Resolve field issues and provide technical support to product service engineers.
• Interface with test lab to drive validation strategy of pitch system and PCBA capability and reliability.
• Guide failure analysis of PCBAs and drive improvements through the design process.
• Communicate design details and technical recommendations to senior leadership.
Qualifications/Requirements:• Bachelor of Science or higher in Electronics/Electrical Engineering or equivalent from an accredited college or university.
• 7+ years of industry experience in PCBA hardware design, including motor control
• Domain expertise in design for reliability and design for test/manufacturability of power electronics.
Desired Characteristics:• Familiarity with modeling and analytical tools, including MATLAB/Simulink, Cadence/Pspice, ICAP, Multisim, ANSYS, etc.
• Experience working with certification bodies, including UL, CSA and TUV.
• Experience designing electronics for wind turbine pitch systems.
• Experience in wind turbine electronics design and software tools, including GE ControlST.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Self-starter with drive towards technical excellence.
• Ability to work in a matrix team environment.
• Good English language skills.
• Proven track record of technical project leadership.
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.comAdditional Locations:China;ShangHai;Shanghai;