General Electric Senior Engineer, Aerodynamics in Shanghai, China
Role Summary:Are you our next talented and highly innovative aerodynamic designer ready to design next generation of LM wind turbine aero technologies that helps in maximizing the value of LM blades?
As Senior aero engineer, you will part of the Aerodynamics & Systems team within Front End Engineering organization of GE Renewables Business.
Essential Responsibilities:Aero Engineer is responsible for aerodynamic design and analysis of wind turbine rotor concept designs in close cooperation with technical account managers and blade conceptual design.
As Senior Aero design engineer, you will:
• Design and/or simulate new wind turbine airfoils and blades while meeting the design drivers for current & future rotor design requirements
• Actively engage with our Blade technical account managers and LM service team towards pre-sales and after-sales customer fulfillment on aero related requests.
• Support our world class blade manufacturing plants towards the blade ramp-up operations & ensure meeting the blade aero design CTQs
• Conduct aerodynamic validation using computation and testing (wind tunnel and field testing) including measurement and data analysis
• Ensure delivery of aero design data (polar) for rotor concept designs
• Support towards design specification documentation for all aero related work products
• Support customer’s fleet through lifecycle of our products
• Push the envelope of current technologies through innovation and continuous improvement initiatives of aero tools and processes including airfoil and blade design/analysis
Qualifications/Requirements:• Masters in Mechanical/Aerospace engineering with strong background in Aerodynamics.
• Demonstrated experience of 4 to 8 years in aerodynamics field with strong knowledge of wind turbine aerodynamics.
• Comprehensive knowledge and competencies in Aerodynamics and/or specific to wind turbine aerodynamics including experience designing airfoils and wind turbine blades
• Competencies in CAD Modelling, CFD analysis and exposure to testing & validation methods either in wind tunnel and/or field testing
• You focus on possibilities, not limitations and complete your tasks independently
• Being innovative is a must as you always need to find new ways to improve the designs and sometimes challenge the “known” processes to drive LM forward
• Demonstrated expertise to lead projects and new initiatives.
• Strong communication skills with attentiveness to customers’ needs
Desired Characteristics:• Strong analytical skills
• Willing to work comfortably in cross cultural/global environment
• Work experience in any of the CAD packages such as NX (Unigraphics)/CATIA is desirable.
• Proficiency in programming using C/C++/Python
• Is flexible for business trip and extra task assignment per business needs.
• Team spirit
• Strong learning capability
• Experience in product life cycle management (PLM) tools is desirable.
• Language skill: fluent in oral and writing of English
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.comAdditional Locations:China;BeiJing, ShangHai;Shanghai;