General Electric Senior Conceptual Design Engineer in Shanghai, China
Role Summary:As Lead conceptual design engineer, you will part of the Conceptual Design team within Front End Engineering organization of GE Renewables Business.
• By performing technology feasibility studies in close cooperation with our customers, designs all new blades at LM Wind Power ensuring that the blades are cost efficient, fulfilling customer requirements and are within LM Design Specifications.
• Technical responsible for a core field within Conceptual Design.
Essential Responsibilities:As Lead conceptual design engineer, you will:
• Base on highly sensitive and confidential customer data (d-data) design blades by optimizing length, shape, aerodynamic performance, structural build up and aero-elastic behavior in or der to ensure best fit on the customer turbine to ensure a very cost-effective blade and turbine (LCoE)!
• Generate the digital twin of the final and physical blade fast and with an accuracy high enough to be able for Sales to price the design and the Technical Account Managers to schedule the project.
• Have capability to design the next new technology into the blade with only sparse information from Engineering and provide solid and reliable input to sales to price the blades in the very early phase of a blade project
• Challenge existing LM design specifications. Provide visibility to the rest of Engineering on what is constraining LM Blades in being even more competitive
• Continuously develop and improve our Conceptual Design Tools ensuring that LM stays best in class when designing blades.
Qualifications/Requirements:• World class expert competences within one of the core disciplines in the Conceptual Design: Blade aerodynamics, turbine modelling, loads simulations, optimization, structural blade design
• Solid competences within aerodynamics, structural engineering, manufacturing, material & processes, turbine design, turbine modelling, turbine control, climate conditions, load simulations and optimization!
• Programming skills are needed preferable in Python and C++.
• Being innovative to find new ways to improve the designs and challenge current ways of working
• Good communications skills to interact with all our customers always keeping in mind what to share and what not to share…
• Indicative technical experience in the field: +7 years.
• Indicative expert experience in one of the defined knowledge areas within Conceptual Design: +5 years.
Desired Characteristics:• Strong analytical skills
• Willing to work comfortably in cross cultural/global environment
• Is flexible for business trip and extra task assignment per business needs.
• Team spirit
• Strong learning capability
• Experience in product life cycle management (PLM) tools is desirable.
• Language skill: fluent in oral and writing of English
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.comAdditional Locations:China;BeiJing, ShangHai;Shanghai;