General Electric Process Design Engineer in Shanghai, China
Essential Responsibilities:Support customer meetings by providing process understanding from pilot scale operation, technology transfer, large scale manufacturing and facility design experience. Develop, explore and recommend manufacturing concepts to fit customer needs/facility requirements.
Provide Process Design & Engineering leadership to the Enterprise Project Team.
Work closely with the Enterprise Solutions Project Manager to support the Enterprise Solutions project specific design development, documentation and execution in alignment with the project scope and schedule.
Work closely with Customer’s Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to ensure continuous exchange of critical and technical information needed to execute design activities in support of the project timeline.
Work closely with Engineering partner companies during Conceptual and Basic design development to ensure suitability, applicability and accuracy of Engineering partner designs, calculations, drawings; ensure they are in alignment with customer requirements.
Prepare design documentation and operational estimates such as Process Descriptions, Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs), Equipment Lists, Equipment and Automation URSs, Process Schedules, Production Planning, and utility usage estimates, Risk Assessments, Materials Balances, Cost of Goods Analysis, Cycle Time Analysis and Reduction, Uncertainty and Variability Analysis.
Work closely with FlexFactory Lead System Designers (LSDs) to ensure transfer of critical equipment requirement specification, that design meets customer and process needs, and that single-use equipment layout is optimized for the customer facility.
Provide design input, support and recommendations as needed with qualification test review and verification and during field execution, commissioning and qualification testing.
Approximately 10-30% travel depending on project specifics and geographic location.
Qualifications/Requirements:• BS or MS degree in biochemical / chemical engineering or a related engineering/life Science discipline
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant bioprocess experience.
• Experience in process development, tech transfer, scale-up and operation of biopharma facilities
• Experience in process modeling
• Knowledgeable in all aspects of upstream and downstream processes including batch, fed-batch and perfusion cultures; harvest/clarification; Chromatography and UF/DF operations
• Experience in clinical manufacturing of monoclonal antibodies and other biologics
• Thorough knowledge of biologics CMC, cGMP manufacturing requirements
• Technical understanding of automation systems used in the biopharma (Delta V, PLC, PI, etc.)
• Experience in working/leading within cross functional teams
• Fluent in English both verbally and in writing
• Comfortable in giving conference presentations and writing technical articles
• Experience in AutoCAD, Visio, MS Project SuperPro applications
Desired Characteristics:• Master’s Degree
• 2 years of direct experience working in a pilot plant or GMP manufacturing facility
• Disposable technology design and application experience
• Detail oriented, excellent at critical analysis and problem solving
• Experience working in global business environment with sound understanding of global processes.
• Open to a changing environment
• Structured, organized, Analytical, Team oriented
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.comAdditional Locations:China;ShangHai;Shanghai;