General Electric HR Manager - Power Conversion, China in ShangHai, China
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
In this role, you will be the first point of contact for People Leaders and employees to provide counsel, coaching and support on HR fundamentals and employee related questions. You will execute our key HR initiatives, providing available and responsive internal employee support, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement. You will also act as the HR manager of record for a client group.
• Provide effective human resources leadership and administration support for PC China P&L;
• To develop HR strategy and operational objectives on the basis of business strategy and implement; including but not limited to re-organization, re-position, restructuring, expansion / redundancy, etc.
• Oversee full spectrum of HR management in China P&L including but not limited to organization development, staffing, compensation & benefits, performance management, employee development and talent retention as well as building talent pipeline, employee relationship, employee engagement and plant admin management etc.
• Design and implement policies/procedures related to HR Management, ensure all relevant policies/ procedures complying to the requirements of both legal and the compliance of the Company. Provide advice and counsel to managers and employees to ensure consistent application and integration of policies, procedures and practices at 100% compliance to promote an ethical and compliant work environment
• Manage headcount/labor cost controlling by closely working with business managers to ensure the alignment with the requirements on base cost;
• Provide dedicated guidance and coaching to multiple senior leaders, management team and employees within a complex business environment, including supporting multiple matrixed organizations with the GEWAC JV, union relations, or global footprints.
• Provide employees and managers with an available first point of contact for questions and guidance on fundamental HR topics and issues; escalates concerns beyond their scope to HR Business Partners; navigates employees and manager to HR Services when it is the more appropriate resource
• Ensure that all employee relations issues are properly identified, reported, investigated and resolved
• Conduct investigations including gathering, preserving, documenting and analyzing all available information and evidence, and in some circumstances, making recommendations to the business on disciplinary action
• Assist with other HR special projects or initiatives as needed
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or relevant major from an accredited university or college
• Minimum 5 years of experience in HR role
• Passionate, employee advocate who wants to make a difference in the organization by helping employees succeed
• Approachable and responsive resource able to connect with employees at all levels
Desires employee-facing work; willingness to make horizontal moves to develop HR expertise
• Strong customer service focus, with a high level of responsiveness
• Supportive team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment; ability to diffuse a tense situation
• Applies solid judgment ensuring integrity, compliance, & confidentiality
• Strong interest in innovative HR solutions and process improvement
• Understanding of HR concepts and principles with expertise in a specialty area such as staffing, analytics, facilitation, etc.
• Strong problem solving skills; ability to make independent decisions, manage conflicting priorities in a fast paced environment
• Sound knowledge of local labor laws and government requirements
• Detailed-oriented with excellent organizational & documentation skills
• Proponent of the segmented HR model, understands the benefits
• Fluency in English
Locations: China; ShangHai; ShangHai