General Electric Hardware Engineer，UTSP in Shanghai, China
In this role as a hardware engineer, you will be part of a development team working in new product introduction. This team is responsible for the development of next generation portable NDT instrument.
The engineer is involved in all aspects of the product development ranging from requirements analysis, feature development, through prototype generation and testing, to final design validation, documentation, and product release.
In this role as a hardware engineer you will:
• Work effectively as a dedicated team member in a joint development team including overseas engineers to develop new products
• Generate and maintain electrical design documents for ultrasonic portable products, including circuit schematic, PCB layout and FPGA firmware
• Providing necessary technical documents and information for the development process to the Quality Assurance responsible in a development project
• The scope of design jobs is including designs for products as well as for test equipment, prototypes and assembly- and adjustment equipment for these products.
• Participate in design review of NPI projects
• Support of prototype assembly and verification testing
• Understand and utilize SAP system, for document/material creating and changing process
• Bachelor’s degree or above in Electronic Engineering.
• Solid experience with electronics and embedded hardware design
• Proficient in FPGA design, with solid experience in develop/synthesis/simulation tools (ISE, Vivado, Modelsim, Questa or similar)
• Experience in schematic entry and PCB layout tools (Altium Designer or similar)
• Experience in debug and test hardware design, and ability to modify SMT components on the PCBA.
• Knowledge about electronics manufacturing and DFM best practices is a plus
• Familiar with production equipment and testing instruments (digital oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers)
• Some experience in using CAD systems, SAP and MS-Office
• Creativity, initiative, analytical skills and judgment
• Good in English communication, both in oral & writing.
Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to work independently. Strong problem solving skills.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. We deploy minds and machines to enhance customer productivity, safety and environmental stewardship, while minimizing costs and risks at every step of the energy value chain. With operations in over 120 countries, we infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Locations: China; ShangHai; Shanghai