General Electric Field Service Engineer in Shanghai, China
Role Summary:The Field Service Engineer will be responsible for meeting the daily service repair needs of the customer’s equipment and driving customer satisfaction through Service Excellence.
Essential Responsibilities:• Basic troubleshooting, installation, maintenance and service repair needs on Cell Analysis products
• Completing system repairs, relocations, Preventative Maintenance, and Field Modification Instructions
• Ordering and managing spare parts inventory, including timely return of unused inventory
• Keeping up to date on administrative responsibilities such as maintaining customer service logs, internal service records, expense reporting (T&L), GE Learnings
• Maintaining professional, daily communications with customers to ensure resolution and proper follow-up, leading to customer satisfaction
• Meeting Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)as defined by the business
• Maintaining tools and test equipment properly and ensuring they are calibrated
• Meeting Health and Human Services, Environment Health and Safety and/or other applicable regulatory requirements
• Utilizing the escalation process to resolve customer service delivery issues and conducting root cause analysis that will lead to effective problem solving
• Participating in sales opportunities such as contract renewals and assist with promoting and implementing revenue programs
• Working as a member of the local team to provide efficient service delivery to all accounts within assigned area
• May include some training of staff on designated equipment
• Must be able to conduct work in native/home country language and English
Qualifications/Requirements:• Communicating: Speaks English clearly and fluently. Expresses opinions, information and key points of an situation clearly.
• Experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electromechanical, and/or electronic equipment.
• Organizing & Executing: Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction. Sets high standards for quality and quantity. Monitors and maintains quality and productivity. Works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way. Takes responsibility for actions, projects and people. Takes initiative, acts with confidence and works under own direction. Initiates and generates activity.
• Excellent analytical and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical issues in an easy to understand manner
• Leading & Relating to Others: Establishes good relationships with customers and colleagues. Builds wide and effective networks of contacts inside and outside the organization. Relates well to people at all levels. Manages conflict.
• Supporting & Cooperating: Demonstrates an interest in and understanding of others. Adapts to the team and builds team spirit. Listens, consults others and communicates proactively. Supports and cares for others. Upholds ethics and values. Appropriately follows instructions from others without unnecessarily challenging authority. Follows procedures and policies. Complies with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role
• Travel: Must be willing to travel outside of China to support Global needs, as well as travel for required training
Desired Characteristics:• Microscopy background: Either in the laboratory space or previous job role, helpful to have exposure to optics
• Shares Expertise: Applies specialist and detailed technical expertise. Develops job knowledge and expertise through continual professional development. Shares expertise and knowledge with others. Uses technology to achieve work objectives. Demonstrates an understanding of different organizational departments and functions.
• Coping with Pressure: Works productively in a pressurized environment. Keeps emotions under control during difficult situations. Balances the demands of a work life and a personal life. Maintains a positive outlook at work. Handles criticism well and learns from it.
• Embracing Change & Demonstrating Enthusiasm: Adapts to changing circumstances. Accepts new ideas and change initiatives. Adapts interpersonal style to suit different people or situations. Works hard and puts in longer hours when it is necessary. Identifies development strategies needed to achieve career goals and meet new or changing demands of the job.
• Commercial Thinking: Keeps up to date with competitor information and market trends. Identifies business opportunities for the organization. Demonstrates financial awareness.
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.comAdditional Locations:China;ShangHai;Shanghai;