General Electric Engineering Technical Leader, Electronic Hardware in Shanghai, China
• Lead the design and development of electronic hardware including but not limited to embedded control, sensor/actuator data accumulator/dispatcher and communication systems.
• Be responsible for the planning and on-time execution of design and development activities, and be accountable for project deliverables.
• Lead cross-functional teamwork including project planning, requirement definition, concept development, detailed design / DFX and verification/validation to meet project targets.
• Develop innovative products and services that deliver customer values. Use of experience and expertise to achieve best output for the business but not solely his/her own assignment.
• Be responsible for the flow-down of system requirements to hardware and the entire traceability through design, verification and validation.
• Be responsible for the virtual/physical analysis and optimization of hardware design through functional/reliability modeling, DC/AC analysis, electrical/thermal stress analysis, design derating, failure mode and effect analysis, high speed signal/power integrity analysis, EMC analysis and required simulations/predictions.
• Develop technical vision and create technology solutions with the product management. Implement new & disruptive technologies to satisfy product technical and commercial requirements.
• Reinforce design quality with the rigor of verification/validation and engineering reviews.
• Provide technical guidance and support to sourcing, supplier quality, manufacturing and service organization as requested.
• Master’s degree or above in Electronic/Electrical Engineering or related fields with minimum 5 years of working experience or Bachelor’s degree with minimum 10 years of experience.
• Solid skills and traceable experiences with analog/digital/mixed-signal design, design analysis and required software/hardware tools and equipment.
• Good written/spoken English and presentation skills.
• Ability to solve problems, make decisions and confront difficult or unknown circumstance in creative ways.
• Ability to acquire and leverage others’ experience and expertise; active team player able to communicate and influence across functions and regions.
• Hands on Experience with Digital Design, Circuit Analysis, Schematics Design, Schematics Layout/Capture.
• Digital Design – DDR2/3 memories, FLASH, Ethernet, USB, UART,PCI/PCIe design/interface and signal integrity consideration
• Knowledge of Analog Design and FPGA Design, IP added advantage.
• Familiar with GE (Transportation) product development processes and work instructions.
• Knowledge and experience with the control systems of railway locomotive, train, or off-highway vehicles.
• Proven expertise in the modeling and simulation of passive/active electronic components, Integrated Circuit and Printed Circuits Board.
• Hands-on experience with the building, debug and validation test of Printed Circuit Board as well as the coding and simulation of programmable logic in VHDL and/or Verilog.
• Passion to embrace continuous improvement and process enhancement.
• Experience with programmable logic (FPGA/CPLD) design and simulation is a plus.
• Experience with Mentor Graphics EDA tools, such as DxDesigner and Expedition, is a plus.
• Familiar with RF design and validation.
• Experience with design for underground explosive atmospheres including circuit design, component selection and product certification…
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Locations: China; ShangHai; Shanghai