General Electric Digital Technology Business Partner in Shanghai, China
Job Description Summary
Responsible for wing-to-wing execution of technical projects to deliver high quality outcomes to internal and/or external customers. Partners with functional owner to define requirements. Works with technical team internal and external to the initiative to ensure outcomes delivery on time, within scope and budget and of desired quality. Ensures project management practices are followed and improved as needed.
GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator. Our mission is to improve lives in the moments that matter. Unlock your ambition, turn ideas into world-changing realities, and join an organization where every voice makes a difference, and every difference builds a healthier world.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Collaborate with business and functional partners and technology leadership in specifying requirements
• Drive technology discussion and strategy in line with business needs
• Define execution plan and approach based on project scope, expected timeline and available budget/resources
• Facilitate convergence of functional and technical knowledge
• Work with technical team often comprising of members of separate organizations to coordinate day-to-day execution as per outlined plan
• Cooperate with and manage external vendors as required
• Ensure pre-defined project management processes and practices are followed. Drive simplification and improvement as necessary
• Support execution team with resolution of roadblocks and interdependencies. Partner with technical and functional teams external to the project to ensure their tasks are completed as required
• Manage project risks, scope changes and other non-standard events throughout the life of the project
• Manage stakeholder communication and progress reporting
• Ensure quality of deliverables is verified and matching stakeholder expectations
• Track project outcomes realization and customer satisfaction levels through established metrics against service level. Ensure lessons learned are collected
For roles outside USA:
Bachelor's Degree in with advanced experience.
For roles in USA:Bachelor's Degree in with minimum years of experience6years
Desired Characteristics• Strong team player – collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources
• Experience working with others on a global basis
• Applies knowledge to coach and mentor others
• Demonstrated customer focus – evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer, builds strong customer relationships, creates processes with customer viewpoint and partners with customers to help shape their future initiatives
• Strong analytical and strong problem solving skills -communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions, anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve, creates actionable strategies and operational plans
• Change oriented – actively generates process improvements, champions and drives change initiatives, confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways, balances multiple and competing priorities and executes accordingly
• PMP, ScrumMaster or related Project Management certifications
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years’ experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This Job Description is intended to provide a high level guide to the role. However, it is not intended to amend or otherwise restrict/expand the duties required from each individual employee as set out in their respective employment contract and/or as otherwise agreed between an employee and their manager.
Inclusion and Diversity
GE Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer where inclusion matters. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Total rewards statement
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No