General Electric CT Product Marketing Director in Shanghai, China
We are the doers. The leaders. The makers. The change-bringers. We are all different, uniting to solve the world’s toughest challenges. Our teams are hungry to make history, acting with integrity to relentlessly improve people’s lives. With every weld, every sale, and every code we write we keep the world in motion. It’s time to stop dreaming about the future; let’s build it together.
This role is responsible for aligning market insights with technology trends to assist Product Management in product planning and optimizing commercial execution though development of marketing and launch plans in coordination with Regional Product Marketing. Identifies and develops opportunities for growth and market share gain. This position creates a global product /portfolio strategy including product positioning and current portfolio.
Essential Responsibilities :
• Performing clinical and industry trend analysis, market share and competitive analysis and win/loss tracking to identify product and commercial strategies for growth.
• Quantifying and prioritizing market opportunity.
• Collecting and prioritizing product introduction and improvement recommendations and analyze competitive landscape.
• Identifying budget requirements to insure proper execution
• Orchestrating research to assess market and customer environments and to discover unmet needs, buying cycles and personas. Identify customers’ clinical and economic needs, values and desired benefits.
• Building a global market requirements document that prioritizes customer segments and business opportunities.
• Identifying and assessing market and distribution risks, and developing a plan to mitigate those risks.
• Working with Region Product Marketing, Product Management, Engineering and Global Design to provide input to the product development roadmap and to develop, test and prototype new product ideas.
• Working with Region Product Marketing to perform installed base analysis in order to define programs needed to improve customer loyalty, share of wallet and retention. Collaborating with Product Management to include these programs on product roadmaps.
• Developing a plan and budget for evidence generation to support selected NPI’s and installed base products.
• Developing inputs to support business case for NPI (incl. target pricing) and product positioning
• Defining brand (naming & trademarks), value proposition(s), and competitive positioning claims roadmap for new and existing products.
• Interviewing professional societies and advocacy groups to identify and select KOL’s for thought leadership and awareness building. Supports development of regional KOL’s in collaboration with Regional Product Marketing.
• Building and executing global product launch plan, including value proposition, segmentation / positioning, target pricing, awareness & advocacy strategies, channel strategy and sales enablement (in coordination with Regional Product Marketing).
• Coordinating development of marketing assets and product training materials (in cooperation with Marketing Services).
• Developing programs that improve the customer experience of the installed base in support of installed base retention.
• Utilizing Gold Standard marketing practices and skills to develop a global marketing plan (portfolio management, marketing strategy, customer segmentation and targeting, positioning and value proposition development, message and market assets development, etc.) to grow global orders and share alternatively, “to support annual business objectives”). Ensuring that regional marketing plans are aligned with the global marketing plan and collaborates with regional marketing on selecting the appropriate marketing mix.
• Collaborating with Advertising & Promotion and Communications to develop a communications plan in support of the marketing objective.
• Developing and managing budget needed to execute marketing plan, and ensure timely implementation of programs in marketing plan
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field
8+ years’ experience in marketing, product marketing or related field
Leadership skills to lead and/or influence teams and shape/lead growth vision and marketing strategy
Excellent oral and written communications skills
Ability to motivate and lead a team of reports
Strong analytical and process skills
Desired Characteristics :
MBA or Master’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field
10+ years’ experience in marketing, product marketing or related field
Deep marketing expertise in market & customer insights, product commercialization and branding
Healthcare product/industry acumen
Experience in (enter segment or care area here)
Experience managing a global brand
Innovation – develop new ideas through collaboration and execute on creative ideas
Team oriented – ability to motivate and work well with diverse, global and cross-functional teams
Influencing skills – ability to motivate individuals and demonstrate organizational influence
Additional Eligibility Qualifications :
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes