General Electric Asia Pricing Leader in Shanghai, China
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Asia Pricing Leader will be accountable for owning and managing pricing for the IS business in China and Pacific Asia; maximising invoiced and net price delivery in region. This includes: strategic price policy design, tactical execution and control, building and maintaining a robust operational process and control foundation and all price analytics and reporting to provide insight into regional performance and drive margin expansion. Building strong relationships and links with local commercial and product management teams will be essential.
• Design competitive price strategies based on local product fit and product value curves.
• Identify and execute price targets and associated price actions locally in coordination with all relevant stakeholders.
• Creation and maintenance of local price books & structures and systems updates to ensure price lists are accurately represented in our tools and systems, internally and with customers
• Operationalise the pricing Delegation of Authority; ensure rigour and compliance around enforcing periodic price actions as well as price maintenance in regular deal activity. Monitor adherence to global and local policy frameworks.
• Prepare price estimates, including all relevant inputs, and monitor progress to estimate throughout the quarter and year, proactively identifying trends & proposing corrective action as necessary
• Conduct quarterly price reviews with BUs and regions to provide thorough analysis & insight into price, volume and margin performance
• Execute price improvement actions:
Identify margin re-capture opportunities by product, account and / or geography
Identify mechanisms to leverage price to increase wallet share with existing customers
• Manage entire price waterfall, minimize end to end price leakage by thorough understanding and control of rebates, customer discounts, marketing funds etc
• Be the local pole point person for rolling out global price initiatives, keeping Asia connected into global rhythms
• Ensure compliance with company policy and global laws / regulations in all customer transactions
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in marketing, product management, pricing or finance
• Strong conceptual understanding of the price share trade off and its impact on profitability
• Demonstrated clear thinking and analytical skills, yet able to work in overall big picture setting as a strategic partner
• Solid process mindset, solution focused with a proven ability to drive accountability with team and cross-functional business partners
• Strong communicator within all levels of the organization
• Demonstrated ability to work with diverse group of people in a matrix environment
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
• Ability to manage multiple complex transactions and priorities simultaneously
• Customer-focused mindset with proven ability to respond quickly to customer.
Locations: China; ShangHai; Shanghai