General Electric Accountant in Shanghai, China
The Global Ops Operational Controllership (GO OC) Asia Team is a component of the Global Ops Finance Asia organization. The Global Ops Operational Controllership Asia team is in charge to provide support mainly related to the regular activities related to the closing of the books of GE’s affiliates across countries in Asia. Services scope include preparatory and closing activities in areas like Compensation & Benefit, Treasury, Commercial, Supply Chain, Other Asset and Liabilities, Cash & Banking, Payments, Closing & Reporting and Intercompany.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Manage and perform US GAAP general accounting activities on behalf of local GE Businesses
o Prepare and record properly supported routine entries including subsystem transactions.
o Ensure transactions are booked in the right period through understanding of global closing calendars.
• Perform activities required for month-end closing (preparing and posting MJE, running reports) according to the respective business deadlines
• Perform monthly and quarterly account reconciliation according to GE Policies
• Provide ad hoc reports to HQ, local controllership team and other finance functions
• Provide timely and appropriate financial data and supporting documentation to internal auditing
• Understand GE Policies and ensure that all accounting processes are in line with GE regulations and principles, and confidentiality is respected in data handling when working with personal data and/or sensitive data
• Besides the main tasks and responsibilities listed above, responsible for completing any other tasks assigned by her/his supervisor or manager.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Fresh graduate or proven Accounting experience
• Accounting experience in a multi-gaap environment (SSC) is a plus
• CICPA or equivalent accounting certificate is a plus
• Written and verbal fluency in English and Chinese
• Ability to learn/understand Standard & Processes quickly and adhere to them accurately
• Has good fundamental organization & prioritization skills
• Flexible approach with a strong team spirit
• Effective interpersonal & communication skills and highly professional style
• Comfortable delivering against quantitative and qualitative performance metrics
• Numerate with a good eye for detail
• Proficient IT skills including Excel and Outlook
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Locations: China; ShangHai; Shanghai