General Electric Product Clinical Specialist in Schenectady, New York
Role Summary:This position has overall responsibility for growth usage of UEA's by providing clinical product demonstrations for users, current customer and competitive customers by providing on-site technical support and education for use of ultrasound enhancement agents. You will provide pre and post-sale educational support as well as small-group or individual presentations to in patient/ out patient-care areas throughout a healthcare facility. This role assists Zone sales to achieve operating plan.
Essential Responsibilities:• Plan, coordinate, and implement on label clinical evaluations and training to ensure clinical acceptance of Optison products and technology. Identify key areas of growth potential for staff and physicians to ensure continued acceptance of enhanced echo.
• Maintain knowledge of current trends in ultrasound imaging enhancement agents to support customers as product capabilities are developed and released
• Collaboratively identify key accounts to develop and execute sales activity
• Follow up of prior in-serviced customers to ensure long term acceptance and continued optimal use of Optison.
• Work closely with a team of Cardiology Account Managers in strategic discussions and in moving new users forward in the process of adoption or increased use.
• Identify new growth areas by account to increase new or increased contrast adoption in Echo lab, ICU, ER etc. Develop and executes an action plan for increased use.
• Identify, develop and communicate pertinent information internally and externally regarding issues related to customer acceptance of Optison technology and products during the pre-sale and evaluation process via Salesforce.com.
• Provide information through formal presentations to physicians, allied health, and administration customers that detail the clinical and/or financial benefits of Optison and address barriers to success (i.e, injection, standing orders, pharmacy etc. )
• Train Zone sales staff as well as other internal customers on the proper operation, features, and benefits of Optison.
• Develop and maintain relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s) and Academic Centers in respective Zone.
• Represent and assist at various Zone and National trade shows or educational meetings and communicate to Zone management team any leads or actions that surface from meetings.
• Lead and develop relationship with ultrasound schools in Zone and provide education around contrast use.
• Provide product support and execute training schedules to users either in person, or by written or verbal means.
• Document activity in Salesforce.com platform.
• Continuously increase knowledge of new developments to perform as a subject matter expert.
• Work closely with Field marketing team to provide key Voice of customer feedback and customer needs.
• Maintain all certification vendor hospital credentialing.
• Other duties as assigned by Cardiology Modality Leader.
Qualifications/Requirements:• Minimum of an Associate’s degree and at least 5 years of clinical experience as a sonographer
• Five years’ experience in a clinical discipline, preferably in a discipline that requires exposure and understanding within multiple clinical areas such as OR, ICU, Therapies, and medical/surgical patient areas for adult patient
• Qualified candidate must be registered through the ARDMS and maintain an active RDCS certification and other related certifications. Must have current Cardiac certification with one of the following: CCI or ARDMS.
• Ability to interface with both internal team members and external customers as part of solutions based sales approach
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States and live in posted location
• Able to travel, including overnight travel
• Valid motor vehicle license
Desired Characteristics:• Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience
• Prior clinical specialist, sales or marketing experience preferred.
• Demonstrates ability to fully understand and present the technology associated with each OEM ultrasound platform.
• Solid understanding of ultrasound physics.
• Demonstrate effective educational and presentation skills in diverse settings from one-on-one to formal large group situations.
• Ability to work independently with little or no direct supervision.
• Demonstrate strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
• Advanced MS Office skills to develop effective reports, spreadsheets, and presentations.
• Willingness to travel extensively to support company goals, up to 70% of the time.
• Living near major airport in designated geography.
About Us:There is no other life sciences company quite like GE Healthcare Life Sciences. A $5 billion business with more than
11,000 individuals in over 100 countries, we are at work enabling a new era in medicine. For more than 60 years, GE
Healthcare Life Sciences has globally supported the development and use of new therapies, helping accelerate the
journey from biological understanding to clinical therapy. GE Healthcare Life Sciences works with cutting edge
technology enabling and advancing the discovery, diagnosis and medical treatments of the present and the future.
We are accelerating biology to cell therapy in ways no other company can.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and watch our discoveries in action on our YouTube channel.
Learn More About GE Healthcare – Life
Learn More About Careers at GE Healthcare – Life
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).Additional Locations:United States;New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania;New York Metro Area, Philadelphia, New Jersey;