General Electric Executive - Talent Acquisition in Schenectady, New York
Job Description Summary
GE Gas Power is seeking a world class Global Talent Acquisition Leader who will act as a key business partner and strategist to lead Talent Acquisition strategy for a global business of approximately 20,000 employees, leading a team of 60+ supporting internal and external hiring for all professional and executive level roles, and partnering to support all Power businesses as a whole. Demonstrating vision, innovation, and a Lean mindset, you will be responsible for the continued evolution for our approach to wing to wing recruiting globally and partner across the business and HR team to deliver a Talent Acquisition strategy focused on Inclusion, Diversity, and demonstration of GE’s Leadership Behaviors. As a member of the GE Gas Power Senior Human Resources staff, this role will be responsible for leadership in the Talent Management space to ensure we have a winning and contemporary strategy to build the best talent, right capabilities, and cultural mindset to deliver for our customers and make Gas Power a winning, inclusive, and safe place to work.
• Leverage industry best practice knowledge and technical recruiting experience to define, execute and continually improve a winning global recruitment strategy for GE Gas Power, continuously building the strategic partnership between Talent Acquisition and Senior Leadership Teams for a global business across 80 countries
• Provide vision and strategic leadership for the organization within a matrixed environment, leading and inspiring an organization of Talent Acquisition professionals and contractors globally, establishing clear priorities, embedding a global team mindset, and aligning to strategy and operational business goals across Gas Power and Power Portfolio businesses.
• Proactively build accurate global workforce demand plans, partnering cross-functionally with the business to develop recruitment strategies aligned with critical talent needs and overall Talent Management processes
• Design Talent Acquisition organizational structure to enable the function to work strategically and deliver results in a lean and cost- effective model.
• Leverage a data-driven mindset to monitor industry dynamics and market trends and anticipate how these trends will impact GE, Gas Power & Power Portfolio, and our culture. Identify innovative talent sourcing channels and drive strategy to build the global talent pipeline.
• As a strategic partner, apply standard work in defining, measuring, reporting and resolving performance via Key Performance Indicator metrics for the function, leveraging data to drive improvement
• Manage the articulation and effectiveness of our employer brand. Provide input to the development and deployment of a compelling employment value proposition through multiple channels, including the strategic use of social media.
• Create and implement diversity strategies to attract a diverse workforce to GE, and contribute to the overall vision and culture of Inclusion & Diversity within Gas Power.
• Act as a partner and advisor of the Senior Leadership Team & across the HR organization, leading cross-functional global teams as required to implement initiatives for the benefit of GE Gas Power.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
• 12+ years of demonstrated recruiting domain expertise, budget management and extensive leadership experience, holding roles with increasing responsibility in global, complex, and highly matrixed organizations
• Serve as Subject Matter Expert in function-related issues
• Deep knowledge of effective leadership and execution of recruitment or related HR strategies
• Manage team projects that provide direct business impact
• Socialize and deliver on talent recruiting strategies and models
• Consistent demonstration of the GE Leadership Behaviors: Act with Humility, Lead with Transparency, Deliver with Focus
• Build partnerships with all stakeholders, using the trust created to provide effective strategies and feedback
• Capability to remotely manage large teams across multiple and diverse countries
• Executive presence and effective communication to influence and deliver against business priorities
• Work collaboratively across all levels of the organization
• Leverage business depth and knowledge when leading the team and building strategy
• Build reputation as being reliable and of having strong business ethics
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/GE11GLOBAL/en_global/desktop/assets/images/poster_screen_reader_optimized_w_supplement.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes