General Electric Channel Manager, B2B Development in Schenectady, New York
Role Summary:A Channel Manager is responsible for the management and development of the Consumables business in the assigned geography (U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico). The objective is to achieve targeted sales and profit objectives from a defined business territory/key customer group, in accordance with the Country/Regional Business Plan.
Essential Responsibilities:• Develop and implement an agreed upon sales plan (Business Plan) for assigned channel aimed at achieving and exceeding sales turnover and financial return, within the most cost-effective route and time-frame. This includes an Annual Sales / Revenue Target.
• Provide channel and GE sales colleagues with the timely support & information needed to facilitate their effectiveness.
• Develop a comprehensive strategy for B2B Catalogs, such as Jaggaer, Coupa, and Ariba across the U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico.
• Train GE sales colleagues on B2B Catalog strategy and work across the Zones to implement B2B Catalogs, where needed to grow the GE business.
• Track and Monitor B2B Catalog business across the U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico.
• Partner with GE European Colleagues on B2B Catalog Strategy and Plans for the Consumables business.
• Develop a comprehensive strategy for RFQs / Tenders across the U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico.
• Monitor, Track, and Communicate RFQs / Tenders as they become available within the GE Zones.
• Work within the matrix environment to pull together RFQ information in order to build a database / SOP for these submissions.
• Work within the Zones and Account Management to submit RFQs, where needed to grow the GE business.
• Maintain a high level of technical and commercial competence on relevant Life Sciences products, techniques and applications.
• Accurately forecast sales and growth opportunities within designated territory, using sales tools and applications. Prepare and participate in business reviews/forecasts, to ensure a constant flow of information between Channel and the Company.
• Maintain an awareness of competitor activities and developments and ensure that this information is collected and made available.
• Collaborate and Partner with the GE Sales Force, to include the Consumables Specialists, Account Management, Instrumentation Specialists, among others.
• Communicate regularly and effectively within and across the GE Zones to share best practices, provide intel, and provide updates on the Channel and how we can grow our GE business.
• Ability to excel and influence in a matrix environment, across numerous Customers, Channel Partners, and Internal and External GE Colleagues.
• Own, Complete, and Launch assigned initiatives / assignments within timelines. Detailed proposals and approvals required prior to completion.
• Communicate updates, challenges / issues, and “wins” regularly within the U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico.
Qualifications/Requirements:• 5+ years relevant life sciences’ industry experience.
• 2+ years relevant channel experience.
• Experience in working on B2B Catalogs such as Jaggaer, Coupa, and Ariba.
• Experience in managing multi-year RFQs / Tenders.
• A proven track-record of achieving and exceeding sales targets.
• Experience understanding customer needs and business drivers and using this knowledge to develop account plans and strategies (knowledge of the existing account areas/channels would be advantageous).
• Excellent interpersonal skills including, teamworking skills and good communication skills.
• Persistence and tenacity in developing prospects and customers, and able to close business.
• Strong presentation, analytical and customer service skills.
• Self-starter able to manage time and organize and prioritize workload.
• Ability to communicate using English (or local language).
• This role will be expected to travel 40 - 50% of the time.
Desired Characteristics:• Education - university level degree in Life Sciences related discipline, and possibly MBA or PhD level, plus experience selling in the Life Sciences, Pharmaceutical or R&D markets.
• Advanced background/training in and understanding of GE Healthcare products.
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).Additional Locations:Canada, United States;Alabama, Alberta, Arizona, Arkansas, British Columbia, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Manitoba, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Brunswick, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Newfoundland and Labrador, North Carolina, North Dakota, Nova Scotia, Ohio, Oklahoma, Ontario, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Prince Edward Island, Puerto Rico, Quebec, Rhode Island, Saskatchewan, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming;Major Metro Areas;