General Electric Sr Staff Software Architect in San Ramon, California
Job Description Summary
Responsible for multiple ADMS software delivery projects as a project leader or internal consultant. Will work on highly complex software projects that require in-depth domain knowledge or two or more specialized architecture areas.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Lead and coordinate the domain technical and business discussions relative to future architecture direction across the product portfolio or product line.
• Analyze design and develop a roadmap and implementation plan based upon a current vs. future state in a cohesive architecture viewpoint.
• Review and/or analyze and develop architectural requirements at domain level within product portfolio or team.
• Participate in the enterprise architecture domain governance model.
• Contribute to the development of software and data delivery platforms with reusable components that can be orchestrated together into different methods.
• Lead the research and evaluation of emerging technology, industry and market trends to assist in project development and/or operational support actives.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with minimum years of 8 years experience
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. GE may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with particular skills.
As a federal government contractor, GE requires U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless you receive an approved medical or religious accommodation. Proof of vaccination will be required.
• Ability to consult customer on alignment of outcomes and desired technical solutions at an enterprise level
• Ability to Analyze, design, and develop a software solution roadmap and implementation plan based upon a current vs. future state of the business.
• Working knowledge of configuration choices and related cost implications; Experience with complex solution configurations.
• Knowledgeable of full range of solution catalog within a business unit and able to discuss overall solution at depth.
• Experience sustaining operational stability through various life cycle phases (planning, implementation, steady state, de-commissioning); Ability to provision and budget via capital and operating.
• Able to lead early stage customer interactions; Guide customers as they develop confidence and comfort with approaches, and integrate with their legacy tech investments.
• Adept at navigating the organizational matrix; understanding people's roles, can foresee obstacles, identify workarounds, leverage resources and rally teammates.
• Understand how internal and/or external business model works and facilitate active customer engagement
• Able to articulate the value of what is most important to the business/customer to achieve outcomes
• Able to produce functional area information in sufficient detail for cross-functional teams to utilize, using presentation and storytelling concepts.
• Possess extensive knowledge of full solution catalog within a business unit and proficiency in discussing each area at an advanced level.
• Six Sigma Green Belt Certification or equivalent quality certification
• Demonstrated working knowledge of internal organization
• Foresee obstacles, identify workarounds, leverage resources, rally teammates.
• Demonstrated ability to work with and/or lead blended teams, including 3rd party partners and customer personnel.
• Demonstrated Change Management /Acceleration capabilities
• Strong interpersonal skills, including creativity and curiosity with ability to effectively communicate and influence across all organizational levels
• Proven analytical and problem resolution skills
• Ability to influence and build consensus with other Information Technology (IT) teams and leadership
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/GE11GLOBAL/en_global/desktop/assets/images/poster_screen_reader_optimized_w_supplement.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE requires U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an employee is in a state where this requirement is temporarily paused for federal contractors. Proof of vaccination will be required.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes