General Electric Vice President Global Talent Acquisition in San Francisco, California
Job Description Summary
The VP – Global Talent Acquisition leader is a key business partner and strategist who can lead the function for GE Digital. In this role, you will design and develop Talent Acquisition strategy aligned to business growth trajectory. As a leader for the function, you will manage regional and functional teams to deliver against the hiring demand and remain one step ahead through proactive modeling for hiring projection. The scope of the role includes broad spectrum hiring from university to senior professional levels, with expectation to partner closely with GE Digital Executive Recruiting for best practice sharing on service delivery and process improvement. This role requires a proactive and strategic thinker who can partner with the People Analytics team on workforce planning and establish relationships with business, finance and HR leaders to forecast hiring needs accurately. Working in an agile environment, this leader will identify resourcing models and deploy accordingly to deliver for the business. In the day to day, this leader will manage global leaders and teams of full cycle recruiters, responsible for sourcing, through interview and offer, and all of the operational and administrative work associated with those activities across a global business (4,000 headcount & $1.2Bn in revenue). The role requires strong partnership with GE Digital HR Operations to establish standard work, data, reporting requirements, and operational efficiencies. As a member of the GE Digital Human Resources Leadership Team, you will be responsible for adopting lean practices within HR and embodying the leadership behaviors required as a leader in the function.
This role is open to remote working/ working from a home office
• Develop and execute global recruiting resourcing strategy to match high volume needs and timeline associated; explore new and effective resourcing models and combination of contractor and full time employees to deliver needs of business.
• Coach, resource, and lead a team of full time employees and contractors responsible for researching, sourcing, evaluating and selecting talent at all levels. Develop and build a team in alignment with GE Digital’s hiring strategy & open to flex as demand changes over time.
• Manage across the global and functional matrix of GE to deliver against local hiring needs, partnering with sourcing.
• Serve as best practice/quality resource. Raise awareness of latest functional developments and contribute towards strategy and policy development to ensure delivery for the business.
• Bring expertise and ‘outside-in’ thinking from tech industry recruitment, with heightened awareness of competition, policies, strategy in tech recruitment.
• Act as a skilled influencer and trusted partner, able to communicate complex messages to others. Act as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
• Apply standard work in defining, measuring, reporting & resolving performance via Key Performance Indicator metrics for the function. Build standard work with learning & lessons learned over time. Must be confident in explaining data/ using data to drive improvement in standards
• Lead others to find creative solutions to address complex problems that may impact the organization. Has the ability to evaluate quality of information received and questions conflicting data for analysis. Use multiple internal and external resources outside of own function to help arrive at a decision.
• Use judgment to make decisions or solve moderately complex tasks or problems that impact the function. Takes new perspective on existing solutions. Uses technical experience and expertise for data analysis to support recommendations. Uses multiple internal and limited external sources outside of own function to arrive at decisions.
• May step-in to own job requisition load to manage/ fill, acting as a player-coach only as needed.
• Provide overall leadership to the GE Digital Human Resources function and extended matrix HR team, delivering coaching, mentoring and development opportunities, communicating proactively, and ensuring HR team engagement & retention.
• Act as a partner and advisor to CHRO of GE Digital, leading cross-functional global teams as required to implement key initiatives for benefit of greater GE Digital
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/GE11GLOBAL/en_global/desktop/assets/images/poster_screen_reader_optimized_w_supplement.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes