General Electric Field Application Scientist in San Francisco, California
Role Summary:Responsible for providing the formal technical and clinical support during the sales process.
Responsibilities may include providing the required pre-sale product demonstrations (or clinical
trial support) as well as post-sale installation, training and/or customer service activities to support
sales objectives for their geography. Responsibilities also include ongoing post-sale customer
support including on site clinical in-servicing and go-live support.
- Provide technical and clinical leadership during sales process by demonstrating full range of
product features including potential uses, product capabilities and benefits to customers as
- Develop, coordinate and deliver product training to customers on
software, application and/or equipment use, monitor customer installations within assigned
territory/region to improve customer satisfaction and maintain customer
- Improve customer satisfaction and socket retention
through continuing education on optimization of equipment utilization by customer.
- Produce well-written post-training reports and provide regular feedback on customer satisfaction
- Facilitate team communication and the sharing of best
- Assist with the assimilation of new hires into the organization.
Act as a mentor to field team, providing clinical, technical and professional guidance as necessary
to improve the customer experience.
- Communicate with Sales and
Application Leaders to align applications activities with sales needs and business
- Communicate with local Applications Specialists and Account
Managers to ensure all customer and business needs are met.
team and maintain adherence of field processes
- Work with Sales Specialists to
meet/exceed territory sales targets. Conduct sales support related activities such as technical
seminars, instrument demonstrations, and sample projects (Proof of Principle) within the
- Develop and maintain relationships with key customers.
Manager customer expectations while providing a high level of customer support during pre- and
post-sales support activities. Communicate with customers to help them understand
methodologies, applications and how to use the product(s) properly.
Marketing Support & Product Management Support:
- Translate customer
requirements into product or marketing deliverables & development
- Support regional sales and marketing teams with sales promotion
- Support trade shows and professional conferences by performing
product demonstration and promotion as well as customer training.
to improving our e-presence by formulating product information to be used on GELS and
distributor web pages
- Monitor market and competitor activity, use this
knowledge to inform Product managers of opportunities/risks.
- Act as a
mentor and provide support to Product Managers & field teams; provide guidance on subjects
such as product use to improve customer experience
- With product manager
input, as appropriate, organize the design, preparation and centralized archiving of training
materials to be used in product training for internal and external stakeholders
- Bachelors degree and a minimum of 3 years related experience in cell biology, molecular biology,
biochemistry, bioengineering or related field.
- Experience in the field of High Content
Analysis and Microscopy, with high proficiency on Imaging Analysis
Excellent customer engagement skills
management & organizational skills
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal
and communication skills (ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, to external
customers, global counterparts and to team members in other functional
- Strong presentation skills (public speaking and presentation
- Willingness to travel extensively within your
specified geographic region with occasional overnight stays and weekend travel depending on
geography and business needs (estimated 50% overnight)
Masters degree in Life Science or Bioengineering related curriculum
experience (3+ years) using Microscopy, Cellular Imaging Tools and High Content Analysis
- One or more years of experience in sales or support
- Teaching or training experiences including design & delivery of basic
and advanced concepts
- Solid problem solving skills (ability to manage and
resolve conflict, communicate issues and propose solutions to both internal team members and
- Proven professional business acumen (experience interfacing with both internal team members
and external customers as a part of a solution-based sales process).
willingness to take the initiative to identify opportunities for improvement and take
actions to improve.
- Willingness to be flexible/adapt to changing work
About Us:There is no other life sciences company quite like GE Healthcare Life Sciences. A $5 billion
business with more than 11,000 individuals in over 100 countries, we are at work enabling a new
era in medicine. For more than 60 years, GE Healthcare Life Sciences has globally supported the
development and use of new therapies, helping accelerate the journey from biological
understanding to clinical therapy. GE Healthcare Life Sciences works with cutting edge technology
enabling and advancing the discovery, diagnosis and medical treatments of the present and the
future. We are accelerating biology to cell therapy in ways no other company can.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and
competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are
made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including
pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any
other characteristics protected by law.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).Additional Locations:United States;California;San Diego, Los Angeles;