General Electric Service Project Specialist in Salt Lake City, Utah
The Service Project Specialist manages multiple projects for the Surgery Service Parts & VCP organization. Focus on strategic part lifecycle management, cost out, and process/part improvement in support of the Surgery Service organizations business goals.
Key responsibilities include:
• Manage Surgery Service part lifecycle, spare part creation, set-up
• Support strategy to deliver lowest cost service parts, and address obsolescence risks
• Partner with NPI engineering to ensure smooth transition of new part/spare creation into Service
• Represent Surgery Service at Design Transfer meetings
• Communicate upcoming part changes/ phase-in and/or out to the service organization, facilitate further strategic discussions with relevant stake holders as needed
• Facilitate, coordinate, and track day-to-day activities required to execute ongoing Service projects to ensure work is completed on time, and in a manner consistent with organizational goals
• Develop project plans for assigned projects, which include clear milestones and assignment of project task responsibilities
• Create and communicate project status reports, and identify risks to project timeline, impact and execution
• Develop effective action plans for resolution as early as possible. Proactively bring solutions to the table to mitigate business impact.
• Maintain alignment between the project team and external resources.
• Provide leadership and direction for GEHC personnel working on the projects
• Track revenue/cost or savings associated with projects
• Act as an effective team coordinator for all matrixed staff required to execute projects
• A hands-on approach to ensure daily execution is a requirement
• B.S. Degree in Engineering or related technical degree and minimum 1 year of relevant experience in project management
• Excellent verbal, written, and communication skills
Quality Specific Goals:
Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
A strong interpersonal skillset, including good technical communications
Good analytical and planning skills
Demonstrated ability to perform with high levels of ambiguity
Experience analyzing and interpreting data sets, high proficiency in excel
Previous project leadership, project management and project execution experience
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Utah; Salt Lake City
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.