General Electric Senior Software Engineer in Salem, Oregon
Job Description Summary
Join GE Healthcare as a Senior Software Engineer and you'll be responsible for programing a component, feature and or feature set. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. You will also contribute to design discussions.
At GE Healthcare, our machines, our software, our solutions, our services, and our people make a genuine difference to medical professionals and patients all over the world. That’s because we never lose sight of what healthcare really needs—the human touch.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Be responsible for defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure
• Translate requirements / vision into prioritized list of user stories and deliver to required timelines and quality standards
• Work with architects to develop multi generation software technology plans
• Drive increased efficiency across the teams, eliminating duplication, leveraging product and technology reuse
• Support process improvements which guide the development, sustaining & support activities
• Drive world-class quality in the development and support of products
• Engage subject matter experts in successful transfer of complex domain knowledge
• Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
• Write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering with advanced experience.
Experience in JAVA programming language.
• Experience with Web development
• Experience in Micro Services development
• Experience in JAVA Spring and Spring Boot Frameworks
• Experience in C++ programming
• Experience with Linux based programming
• Experience working on software projects in the Healthcare domain
Inclusion and Diversity
GE Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer where inclusion matters. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We expect all employees to live and breathe our behaviors: to act with humility and build trust; lead with transparency; deliver with focus, and drive ownership – always with unyielding integrity.
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
As a federal government contractor, GE requires U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless you receive an approved medical or religious accommodation. Proof of vaccination will be required .
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/GE11GLOBAL/en_global/desktop/assets/images/poster_screen_reader_optimized_w_supplement.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No