General Electric Automation Service Engineer in Rugby, United Kingdom
Job Description Summary
At GE Power Conversion UK Ltd we have a steeped heritage in design and manufacture of complex electrical motors and generators serving customers around the globe in a wide range of sectors such as Marine, Industry, and Naval. Our main focus is on providing integrated engineering solutions for control systems in marine and offshore industries.
To act as a Lead On Site Services Specialist. To prepare, perform, test and commission marine
automation related activities in support of new build, upgrade and service related projects.
All resources, and logistics required to perform services and maintenance
activities on customer's site/property.
• Comply with both Company and Customer EHS policies, procedures and safe systems of work.
• To maintain personal competence by completing all applicable training in line with company requirements.
• Engineering activities. Prepare, plan, test and commission automation system upgrades and perform routine maintenance tasks and training across all GE Marine UK customer base automation systems, both onshore and offshore.
• Analyze, diagnose and repair automation related software and hardware defects across all automation systems installed across the GE Marine UK customer base.
• Write, update and maintain documentation in line with company procedures and best practice.
• Provide technical support to both the customer and internal GE staff as required.
• Liaise with the Engineering department, Fleet Managers and other GE personnel as required to fulfill the role of lead automation engineer.
• Carry out Marine service administrative tasks as directed by the marine service manager. The nature of the role may necessitate a requirement for flexible working patterns as directed by the business needs. It is anticipated that this role will be split between office based tasking and global travel in a 60%/40% ratio respectively. The above is not an exhaustive list of duties, incumbents are expected to undertake all reasonable duties as requested.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No