General Electric Sr Director - Digital Product Management in Roanoke, Virginia
Job Description Summary
Areas that support the identification and development of the product offerings for the business . Owns/influences commercial business operating guidelines and has ownership/influence over budgets. Guided by functional policy. There is autonomy within the role to enter into/execute Commercial arrangements. High levels of Commercial judgment are required to achieve outcomes required.
Roles and Responsibilities
Accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. Integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, be involved in long-term planning, manage complex issues within functional area of expertise, and contribute to the overall business strategy.
Developing commercial expertise across one or more countries, product lines, markets, sales processes, or customer groups. Influences policy and ensures delivery across large and/or diverse sales territories.
Interprets internal and external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services. Utilizes understanding of industry trends to inform decision making process.
Leads others to find creative solutions to address complex projects, product lines, markets, sales processes, or customers. Has the ability to evaluate quality of information received and questions conflicting data for analysis. Uses multiple internal and external resources outside of own function to help arrive at a decision.
Typically a 2nd line Commercial Manager with senior professional direct reports. Has ability to attract and retain talent. Often manages medium to large teams. May lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity. Communicates complex messages and negotiates mainly internally with others to adopt a different point of view. Influences peers to take action and may negotiate with external partners, vendors, or customers.
For roles outside of the USA- This role requires significant experience in the Product Management & Digital Product Manager. Knowledge level is comparable to a Master's degree from an accredited university or college ( or a high school diploma with relevant experience).
For roles in USA - Master's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 6 years of experience in Job Family Group(s)/Function(s)).
• Proactively drives portfolio and investment decision to balance customer needs, install base requirements (refresh) and long term enterprise differentiation.
• Evangelizes concepts beyond current offerings and considers business model innovation (product, service and delivery innovations
• Defines and/or influences pricing strategy for product/ services and alignment across functions and organizations
• Aligns goals, feature sets, capabilities to business objectives for the product (i.e. Profitability, ROI, Market Penetration, Channel development, Brand Development, etc.)
Good understanding of the key use cases, customer personae, and leading players
Good understanding of data scientist work processes and use cases
Experience in large scale cloud data management, integration, processing and analytics solutions - advantage
Familiarity with SaaS architectures and business models, Cloud operations, Big Data and streaming analytics
Familiarity with the leading analytics and data science tools
Experience with Platform products and Platform as a Service (PaaS)
Experience in IIOT / industrial data solutions
• Strong business analysis, problem solving, and strategy development skills • Evangelizes new technology, predicts trends, and identifies new opportunities based on trends
• Identifies the customer’s business and strategic needs, concerns, and desires for the value delivery capabilities of the products
• Establishes relationships in the market intelligence and research community
• Ability to interact at all levels of the organization and with other GE businesses
• Adopts a holistic systems perspective. Empathizes with multiple points of view. Challenges program/product planning assumptions
• Demonstrated ability to lead teams in establishing goals, setting performance metrics and delivering on milestones
• Ability to work with cross-functional teams to help build effective processes
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas, and leverages chains of indirect influence
• Proactively engages with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions using critical thinking and analytical skills and best practices
• Able to re-appropriate existing solutions to new requirements and situations
• Emotional Intelligence, ability to influence up and out
• Accountable for policy decisions with incomplete, conflicting information and uncertain long-term dynamics
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/GE11GLOBAL/englobal/desktop/assets/images/posterscreenreaderoptimizedwsupplement.pdf) . (http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf) Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No