General Electric Assistant Financial Controller in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
The Controller – GE Healthcare KSA will be accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. In this role the person will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional area of expertise, and be involved in long-term planning.
• Ensure integrity of the general ledger
• Ensure account reconciliation, manager inter-company balance reconciliation & quality metrics of quarter close process
• Manage statutory close, JV reporting and statutory compliances
• Serve as the key audit contact for CAS/external auditors and drive closure of open audit issues
• Serve as the key contact for compiling and filing documentation with Tax authorities
• Oversee AP and withholding tax compliances
• Support the EGM Regional Controller with any ad-hoc requests
• Advise business leaders regarding complex financial accounting and reporting issues and transaction structuring
• Be the compliance focal point for accounting issues
• Maintain accounting, financial reporting, financial control, and information systems to ensure adequate records, appropriate authorizations of transactions, and safeguard assets
• Initiate process improvements
• Manage / support the business teams in preparing quarterly accounting documentation and preparation of appropriate accounting procedures and policies
• Manage the controllership reviews including quarterly balance sheet reviews, reserve updates, etc.
• Working with Commercial Operations Teams to integrate Controllership requirements into the Commercial Processes
• Monitoring and increasing the effectiveness of the controls for the Contract reviews and their approvals,
• Upfront involvement in setting the T&Cs for sales with non-standard structure,
• Oversight for the monitoring of contractual risks of the existing commitments,
• Participating in the simplification projects in the cycles of Order Review & Entry,
• Sustaining the Compliance with Revenue Recognition Rules across the region,
• Working with Finance Controller & Commercial Teams to determine the appropriate Revenue Recognition approach for specific deals,
• Standardizing and monitoring the accounting of Commercial Reserves across the legal entities,
• Ensure timely closure of books and record
• Ensure 100% accounts are reconciled and well supported by the backups
• Risk related to accounts need to highlight upfront and plan accordingly for the mitigation
• In depth knowledge of US GAAP, International accounting standards and SOCPA.
• Preparation of statutory Financial Statement for the purpose of Final Audit.
• Key Contact person for all tax related queries
• Gradate BA/BSc or MBA in finance with 5 - 7 years of progressive accounting & finance experience including developing forecasts & operating plans and leading business / finance reviews
• Qualified Accountant (CMA) & demonstrated experience and understanding of Accounting Principles and Controllership
• Clear thinking / problem solving: successfully led cross-functional projects/process improvement within operations/finance function involving process improvement; able to quickly grasp new ideas
• Leadership experience: has minimum of 3 years’ experience leading team members
• Excellent communication skills: experience working across multiple levels (including executive level), functions and regions; able to clearly communicate complex financial information in a easy to understand manner; able to deliver message effectively verbally and in writing Integrity: Accepting and adhering to high moral, ethical, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions, and when dealing with others
• Proven ability to work on multiple projects & to meet strict deadlines
• Fluent English, Arabic speaking & reading
• Confidence / Assertiveness: strong influencing skills across business functions; confidence to approach business leaders with difficult messages and defend position; for example, work closely with business leaders to achieve business objectives while driving controllership/GE Values
• Experience working in global business environment with sound understanding of global process and transactional flows
• Experience leading in a matrixed environment
• Experience with leading a cross functional team in a complex business organization.
• External Auditing Firm graduate will be preferred (Big four)
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Locations: Saudi Arabia; Riyadh