General Electric Sr Cyber Security Engineer in Richmond, Virginia
Job Description Summary
GE is seeking a seasoned Senior Cyber Security Engineer capable of developing cutting-edge cyber security detection solutions. The Sr Security Engineer will be responsible for designing, implementing, automating, and sustaining GE-wide cyber security network infrastructure. Requires strong networking and security foundational skills and knowledge of relevant technologies in various Firewall platforms, Firewall/Network sensor vulnerabilities, , automation, Firewall cloud technology/Layer 7 network devices, and cyber security principles. You will be a member of an integrated team working to deliver successful outcomes around automation, risk & compliance, data analytics and network security.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
· Be a leader for implementing and optimizing the Cyber Security & Technology Risk organizations network infrastructure , including mitigation, remediation, and exceptions
· Facilitate increased security risk/defect visibility, transformation and automated remediation capabilities across GE's environments.
· Support network risk impact assessments and decisions related to automation, analytical, and architecture choices; have a deep understanding of what information is important and how to best use them to reduce cyber risks.
· Responsible for creating and implementing system, software and automation in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest cloud technologies and software development methods.
· Partner with other Cyber Security business teams & product owners to solve problems, implement and sustain solutions; identify security trends and mitigation opportunities.
· Analyze big-picture network systems , understand the purpose of each system and define control requirements per system application ; interact with technical product & system owners to execute projects and operational changes, including audit response.
• Participates in on-call afterhours support rotation to ensure that critical performance issues are resolved in a timely manner, in accordance with established customer expectations and SLAs.
For roles outside USA:
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with advanced experience.
For roles in USA:Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with minimum years of experience4years
· Working experience and familiarity with Information Security and various Firewall platforms (whether via management console or actual configuration)
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs and product strategy
· A minimum of 1 year of experience using Scripting (Java, Go, Python or Ruby) is required
· A minimum of 1 year of experience working with public cloud platforms (Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Public Cloud) is required
· A minimum of 1 year of experience working with SQL and multiple large datasets
· Experience establishing, managing, and communicating standards (i.e., NIST, CIS, etc.), policies, and security control plans to internal clients and internal/external audit teams
· Hands on experience designing and implementing solutions leveraging multiple services within widespread business network
· Familiarity with Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery technologies (i.e Jenkins, Travis CI, AWS Code Pipeline)
· Familiarity with agile methodologies
· Familiarity of source control tools such as CVS/SVN/Git, with preference for git
• Experience in deployment of cloud controls for infrastructure, platform, and applications (IaaS/SaaS/PaaS)
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years’ experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This Job Description is intended to provide a high level guide to the role. However, it is not intended to amend or otherwise restrict/expand the duties required from each individual employee as set out in their respective employment contract and/or as otherwise agreed between an employee and their manager.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/GE11GLOBAL/en_global/desktop/assets/images/poster_screen_reader_optimized_w_supplement.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE requires U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an employee is in a state where this requirement is temporarily paused for federal contractors. Proof of vaccination will be required.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No