General Electric Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Leader – Engineering PMO in Remote, Ohio
Job Description Summary
Remote in the US
The Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Leader is a key member of the Engineering Program Management Office (PMO). This leader will provide a systematic, organized, and structured method for: planning, identifying, and assessing risks; developing suitable responses; communicating status with stakeholders; and assigning responsibility to monitor and manage risks in alignment with the strategic objectives of the organization. Further, they will promote effective risk management within the entire enterprise through a risk management culture.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Develop, implement, and manage the standards for planning risk management, identifying risks, performing qualitative risk analysis, performing quantitative risk analysis, planning risk responses, implementing risk responses, and monitoring risks
• Develop the overall risk management strategy, decide how the risk management processes will be executed, and integrate risk management with all other activities
• Participate in strategic discussions and give recommendations based on enterprise, portfolio, and program risk
• Develop and implement a standard risk register or risk tool throughout the PM organization
• Understand orgs risk appetite and establish risk thresholds
• Support program managers in review of program risk registers and risk reports to stakeholders
• Participate in business case development ensuring there is a standard methodology for accessing risk and properly discounting returns
• Set standards for contingency and management reserves
• Ensure alignment between portfolio, program, and project management risk governance models
• Lead lean transformation efforts to eliminate waste, improve transparency, establish standard work, and enhance the value the team brings to the business
• May lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity. Present business or technical discipline solutions to leaders. Communicate complex messages and negotiate with others to adopt a different point of view. Influence peers to take action and may negotiate with external partners, vendors, or customers.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or high school diploma/GED with 6 years' experience in functional management/project management).
• Minimum of 5-7 years of experience with Program Management, specifically Risk Management.
• The ability to obtain an US Government Clearance.
• PMP License
• Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
• Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects.
• Demonstrated ability to people lead and provide strategic direction.
• Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
• Established portfolio / program / project risk management skills.
Remote in the US
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/GE11GLOBAL/en_global/desktop/assets/images/poster_screen_reader_optimized_w_supplement.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
#LI-Remote - This is a remote position