General Electric Manager - Digital Technology Risk & Compliance - Remote in Remote, Kansas
Job Description Summary
The Manager - DT Risk & Compliance will be responsible for the governance, risk and compliance of Digital Technology (DT) policies and standards as well as external regulatory requirements. The duties will include planning and preparation, execution of the risk assessments and remediation of the issues found.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Lead SOX compliance related activities such as audits, issue remediation, supplier coordination
• Lead compliance related activities such as audits, issue remediation, supplier coordination from external regulatory entities
• Perform ad-hoc compliance related activities such as audits, issue remediation, supplier coordination for internal business applications
• Perform third-party cyber risk assessments
• Coordinate with Corporate Digital Technology (DT) Governance, Risk, Compliance & Security teams in the assessments of application security and supplier security
• Prepare and maintain business-specific DT policies and standards
• Coordinate with the technical teams of the different applications and provide guidance for setting up the necessary compliance processes, roles, and access management processes
• Act as a resource for colleagues with less experience. May lead projects in a continually changing environment
• Own issue / risk identification, escalation, resolution & communication to Functional & DT stakeholders and leadership teams.
• Coordinate closely with DT & functional leaders to coordinate business and end-user communications, leveraging GE and industry standard tools such as Colab, Yammer, Box, etc.
• Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field, or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or relevant work experience
• A minimum of 6 years experience in IT Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC), preferably in the insurance or financial industry
• Must be U.S. Citizen or Green Card holder. We are not able to provide visa sponsorship now or in the future for this opportunity.
• Strong ITIL knowledge
• Working knowledge of COBIT, COSO and CGEIT methodologies
• Working knowledge of cloud governance processes/methodologies
• Experience mapping industry and standards-based controls to various technology systems, products, ecosystems and platforms
• Strong analytical & project management skills, including experience in operating project plans
• Experience in risk assessment and risk management with ERPs, financial applications, and infrastructure
• Strong knowledge of SOX and ISO 27000 compliance with real life experience
• Demonstrated capability & influence in project management, business analysis & CAP (Change Acceleration Process)
• Able to use Six Sigma tools, Lean & CAP techniques to drive change
• Ability to analyze & document complex business processes
• Ability to make effective decisions under pressure
• Critical and analytical thinker with excellent problem solving skills
• Proactive responsible individual, able to work independently and drive own goals and action plans
• Ability to influence and build consensus with other IT teams and leadership
• Excellent verbal & written communication skills in grammatically correct English language
• Ability to interact professionally with a diverse global group, executives, managers, & subject matter experts
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Strong team player who works to make the entire team successful, regardless of reporting lines; not bound by strict role description
• Well versed in MS Word, MS Excel, Visio, MS PowerPoint, MS Project
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/GE11GLOBAL/en_global/desktop/assets/images/poster_screen_reader_optimized_w_supplement.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
#LI-Remote - This is a remote position