General Electric Technical Product Manager in Remote, United Kingdom
Job Description Summary
GE Digital is leading the digital transformation of the energy market. As the world’s energy sector moves away from fossil fuels toward renewable energy sources, industrial companies are challenged with addressing this transition in transformative ways. Digitization will be key to making power-generating assets more efficient and the electric grid more secure and resilient. Our Geospatial products play a critical role in this transformation by supporting the design, modelling and maintenance of asset networks for utilities and telecommunication companies.
Learn more about how GE Digital transforms industries:
As Technical Product Manager for our next generation Geospatial products you will be responsible for operating in lock-step with product management to create a clear strategic direction for our Engineering teams. You’ll work closely with the development team to define and refine a clear set of requirements to enable the successful delivery of our products’ features and functionality. Your priority is seamless integration and alignment of perspectives from a broad set of product stakeholders.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Interacts with customers/stakeholders in requirements gathering and obtaining product feedback.
• Works with cross-functional teams to define product features and translate these into Epics and User Stories.
• Owns and manages the release and sprint backlogs for quarterly releases.
• Prioritises continuously in accordance with the understanding and validation of customer problems and needs.
• Possesses a deep understanding of the technology stack and impact on final product.
• Routinely collaborates with UX in design decisions. Conducts customer and stakeholder interviews and elaborates on personas.
• Demonstrate influencing skills that ensure alignment between customer, product manager and Engineering teams.
• Demonstrates excellent business acumen, knows latest industry trends and is looked at as an internal expert on the product as well as the associated competitive landscape.
• Expert in Agile Methodologies.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in a STEM-related subject
• Strong knowledge of software design and coding principles
• Experience working in an Agile environment
• Familiarity with versatile implementation options
• Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternative technology and approaches to solving problems
GE Digital is an Equal Opportunity Employer where inclusion matters. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No