General Electric Staff Technical Product Manager in Remote, United Kingdom
Job Description Summary
The Staff Technical Product Manager is responsible for operating in lock-step with product management to create a clear strategic direction for build needs for a product in the teams' portfolio. They will work with the team and deliver a clear and descriptive set of requirements to enable the delivery of a product's features and functionality. Their priority is seamless integration and alignment of perspectives from a broad set of stakeholders: Product Managers, Technical Anchors, Service Owners and Developers.
Roles and Responsibilities
Interacts with customers/stakeholders in VOC requirements-gathering, fine tuning, and obtaining product feedback.
Engage continuously with stakeholders to understand their business goals and motivating factors.
Collaborates with Product Managers to form a deep understanding of the product vision and strategy. Effectively communicates this vision and strategy to the development teams.
Works with cross-functional teams to deliver features and products.
Shows increasing understanding of the technology stack and its impact on the final product.
Routinely collaborates with UX Design to know customers and understand behaviors.
Demonstrate influencing ability to ensure alignment between customer, product management and engineering teams.
Owns and manages the short-term backlog (release and sprint backlogs); continuously orders and prioritizes to ensure that 1-2 sprints/iterations of backlog are always ready.
Continuously engaged with the development team; facilitates discussions, provides clarification, story acceptance and refinement, testing and validation; contributes to design activities and decisions.
Translates unstructured or ambiguous work requests into actionable user stories and work unit.
Ensures that the technical roadmap and strategy are represented in the product roadmap (both short and long-term).
Using resource forecast, backlog and team velocity, monitors projected delivery dates against the stated schedule, communicates any deviations to Product Management and works to craft possibility mitigate strategies.
Articulates the value proposition of prioritizing technical debt, non-functional requirements, and defects during backlog grooming and planning activities to ensure the long-term success of the product.
Owns and manages product quality, defect backlog and technical debt reduction; ensure customer defects are addressed in a timely manner; continuously drives quality indicators according to targets
Demonstrates strategic level skills in problem decomposition and ability to navigate through ambiguity.
Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts. Can translates problem statements and requirements into actionable user stories and work unit.
Communication with stakeholders regarding the status of the short-term backlog.
Partners with process owners and engineering leaders to ensure healthy development process.
Bachelor's Degree in with advanced experience.
Bachelor's Degree, minimum of 6 years of experience.
Desired Characteristics/Technical Expertise:
• Strong knowledge of software design and coding principles
• Experience working in an Agile environment
• Familiarity with versatile implementation options
• Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
• Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
• Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices
• Demonstrates knowledge of the competitive environment
• Pre-emptively sees downstream consequences and effectively tailors influencing strategy to support a positive outcome.
• Able to verbalize what is behind decisions and downstream implications. Continuously reflecting on success and failures to improve performance and decision-making.
• Understands when change is needed. Participates in technical strategy planning.
• Able to effectively direct and mentor others in critical thinking skills. Proactively engages with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions using critical thinking and analysis skills and best practices. Finds important patterns in seemingly unrelated information.
• Influences and energizes other toward the common vision and goal. Maintains excitement for a process and drives to new directions of meeting the goal even when odds and setbacks render one path impassable.
• Innovates and integrates new processes and/or technology to significantly add value to GE. Identifies how the cost of change weighs against the benefits and advises accordingly. Proactively learns new solutions and processes to address seemingly unanswerable problems.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/GE11GLOBAL/en_global/desktop/assets/images/poster_screen_reader_optimized_w_supplement.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
#LI-Remote - This is a remote position