General Electric Winder Apprentice in Remote, Georgia
Job Description Summary
GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training, and competitive compensation.
The On-Site Repair (OSR) Winder-Apprentice will serve as on the job assistant and trainee, in the repairs of certain generator stator and generator field equipment; as well as fulfill necessary required training.
• Works with various mechanical and electrical tooling, may operate powered equipment such as stationary belt or disc sanders
• Assists in taking and recording various needed measurements of stator or field
• Assists in performing fiberglass tapping
• Works under the direction of the Winding work-leader
• Complete daily point of work risk assessments and Safety Observations
• Records and reports daily time
• Aggressively maintains a safe working environment to include good housekeeping practices of assigned work area and comply with all applicable environmental, health and safety policies
• Perform tooling and parts set-up as directed
• Performs Lock Out Tag Out duties in accordance with site procedures
• Perform other duties as requested by Working Leaders, as well as all reasonable requests from the Field Core GS.
• High School Diploma/GED with a minimum of 2 years classroom training in the field of Industrial Maintenance and Electrical Technology or equivalent job experience in the field of Industrial Electrical, Industrial or Manufacturing Maintenance, or Composites Technology.
• Must possess a valid driver's license
• Ability and willingness to work rotating shifts
• Ability and willingness to climb ladders and stairs as required
• Ability and willingness to walk/stand for up to 12 hours as required
• Ability and willingness to lift to 50 pounds as required
• Ability to pass a drug test
• Ability to pass a background check and obtain nuclear clearance
• Ability and willingness to complete a physical and other evaluations for hearing and respirator use upon hire and annually thereafter
• Ability to incorporate teamwork into daily operating and safety work tasks
• Ability to use and read measurement devices such as inside/outside micrometers and dial calipers/indicators.
• Ability to interpret technical instructions
• Comply with all applicable environmental, health and safety policies
• Ability to accept feedback and deal calmly and effectively under high-stress situations
• Ability to adjust to daily work scope changes as required
• Strong verbal and written communications skills and the ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization
• Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office applications
• The hourly pay for this position is $24.20. The specific hourly rate] offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including the candidate’s experience, their education, and the work location. Available health and welfare benefits include healthcare, prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage; savings account options (such as a Health Care Flexible Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Account, and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account); and an employee assistance program. Additional benefits include a defined contribution 401(k) plan, employee life insurance, optional dependent life insurance, employee accidental death or dismemberment insurance coverage, short-term disability, optional long-term disability, pre-tax transportation/commuter program, paid holidays, paid time off, parental leave, a layoff plan for hourly employees, Individual Development program for continued education and job skill enhancement, use of Cariloop, adoption assistance, and optional personal excess liability insurance.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/GE11GLOBAL/en_global/desktop/assets/images/poster_screen_reader_optimized_w_supplement.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
#LI-Remote - This is a remote position