General Electric Field Engineer Apprentice in Remote, Florida
Job Description Summary
In this role, the Field Engineer Apprentice will observe and perform various equipment service processes and procedures to drive customer satisfaction and ensure proper functionality of less complex customer diagnostic imaging equipment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Supervised responsibilities may include:
• Work within hospital radiology environment to evaluate and troubleshoot imaging equipment issues and implement appropriate repairs.
• Complete Preventative Maintenance on designated equipment.
• Perform safety and environmental inspections ensuring compliance to Health and Human Services and Environmental Health and Safety guidelines.
• Complete necessary service and repair documentation following hospital protocol and GE policies & procedures.
• Maintain daily communications with customers to ensure resolution and proper follow-up, leading to customer satisfaction.
• Learn and ensure proper care of tools and test equipment and ensure calibration. Enhance and maintain technical knowledge of current standards, codes and procedures regarding safe and effective use of medical equipment.
• Mentor with and assist more experienced technicians on progressive repairs and resolution, and will work as a member of the local team to provide efficient service delivery to all accounts within his/her assigned area.
• Graduate from an A.S., B.S., M.S., diploma, or directly related certificate in Electronics, Biomedical Engineering, Medical Imaging Technology, Mechanical Principles, or similar degree program or equivalent DOD military education OR current student of no more than 12 months from an A.S., B.S. or M.S. Electronics, Biomedical Engineering, Medical Imaging Technology, Mechanical Principles, or similar degree program or equivalent DOD military education OR graduate from an A.S., B.S., M.S. degree program and 1+ year of experience servicing electrical, electronics, IT, or mechanical equipment.
• Must maintain a cumulative GPA of a 2.5 or higher based on a 4.0 scale.
• Previous experience and/or course work in which you have successfully interpreted schematic diagrams and performed troubleshooting and planned maintenance on basic diagnostic imaging or electronic equipment following current standards, code, and procedures to ensure safe and effective operation of those devices.
• Must be able to develop and maintain good customer relationships.
• Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver's license.
• Special Physical Requirements: Candidate must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 35 lbs. unassisted and frequently bend, stoop, twist, climb, crouch/squat, kneel/crawl, sit and stand for long periods of time. Candidate must also be able to reach at, above and below shoulder level, flex/extend neck and have good hand and finger dexterity. Specific vision abilities required by this job may include color, close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
• You may not relocate more than 30 miles from your current location without approval from your manager.
• Complete all planned Quality and Compliance training within the defined deadlines. Identify and report any and all customer quality or compliance concerns immediately to the Quality Organization.
• Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
• The successful applicant must comply with GEHC’s standard background check, including a post-offer drug test. In addition, during employment, the employee must comply with all customer access policies, including but not limited to obtaining and/or providing proof of required immunizations, and additional drug tests or background checks (including a federal government background check if assigned to support a contract with the federal government).
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
• Previous experience interpreting schematic diagrams and perform effective repair and planned maintenance on basic biomedical or electronic equipment.
• Analytical and communication skills with the ability to communicate technical issues to the customer in an easy to understand manner.
• Ability to develop and maintain good customer relations.
• Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a solution based service process.
• Experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electromechanical, and/or electronic equipment in the electronic field - resulting in knowledge of electronic digital circuitry and understanding of electronic and electro-mechanical devices.
• Change agent and process oriented.
• Local candidates strongly preferred.
*Colorado Only: The salary range for this position is $36,464 - $54,696. The specific hourly rate offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including the candidate’s experience, their education, and the work location. In addition, this position is eligible for overtime. Available benefits include health, welfare, retirement and paid leave.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/GE11GLOBAL/en_global/desktop/assets/images/poster_screen_reader_optimized_w_supplement.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No