General Electric Sr Engineer, Equipment Transfer & Implementation in Recife, Brazil
Job Description Summary
Lead implementation of new technology equipment projects and ensure smooth roll out across manufacturing units. Ensure cross functional alignments & communication towards launch milestones. Secure overall readiness for manufacturing by active participation in development and implementation phase.
Essential Responsibilities :
• Hands on support in early stage of implementation to prepare business units for upcoming changes.
• Works on cross-functional projects/teams to deliver technology solutions for the business.
• Communicate with Development teams to get all required documents and information on time
• Communicate flaws, gaps, problems with documentation or solutions to GCIP.
• Present and discuss Transfer challenges to GCIP
• Manage conflicts and resources according company standards
• Secure high standards of development and process definition using standard tools of process improvements to deliver high quality product.
• Lead transfer of new technology, product, equipment through involvement with upstream design on time and implementation phase.
• Absorb knowledge, serve as expert in the transferred solution
• Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc.) required to complete transfer for specific plant
• Complete Transfer package
• Establish and maintain a usable transfer plan with clear assigned responsibilities
• Ensure that any changes are explained, understood and approved by the plant
• Organize and lead projects related to new premises, factory buildings, rehabilitation, new equipment, lay-out, renovations and optimization
• Hands on support during physical implementation on site and/or remote support
• Monitor the progress of the transfer and manage global support resources – make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the transfer
• Execute communication to keep global project team and stakeholder’s involvement throughout the transfer
• Present transfer progress reports and provide feedback on project maturity
• Ensure that the dev. project deliverables are on time
• Evaluate the outcomes of the transfer; low lights and highlights
• Make a handover with the plant
• Feedback to Developer project team
You will work together with other internal stakeholders, such as NTI Team, T&I Technology, Global COE, Global Manufacturing Readiness, Plants Operations Management and Plant Implementation managers
We expect that you as a minimum have an engineer degree on bachelor level within one of the following areas (industrial, mechanical, electrical, chemical or manufacturing). Preferably, you have a masters’ degree in project or production/industrial engineering.
You have minimum 5 years’ experience across the value chain, of which 3 years have been dedicated to operations. You have a track record in delivering complex multi-faceted projects that combine objectives in technology development, influencing people and commercial outcomes.
You understand LM Wind Power business systems (Axapta, BMS, etc) and have an in-dept knowledge of production of wind turbine blades, and a good knowledge of supply chain, materials and suppliers.
You have a hands-on and can-do practical attitude, with good knowledge of machine operations and maintenance techniques.
You are knowledgeable in machine safety both in theory and in practice, as well as in in pneumatic/hydraulic/mechanics/electrical systems.
You are proficient in CAD or similar drafting software.
You are flexible for international travel up to 30% of your time, and you are fluent in English
In-depth understanding of the LM production process is key to success in this position.
Desired Characteristics :
As a person, you have demonstrated influencing and engaging skills across functional teams, as well as you have really good communication skills.
You are a self-starter/learner and have the ability to navigate through the organization
Additional Eligibility Qualifications :
Relocation Assistance Provided: No