General Electric Sr Product Manager in Raleigh, Virginia
Job Description Summary
Areas that support the identification and development of the product offerings for the business . Impacts approaches, projects and programs in the functional area or affected business organization and ways of working. Impacts quality, efficiency and effectiveness of own team. Guided by commercial practices and policies that may be shaped by the role. Has significant control/influence over commercial priorities. There is moderate autonomy within the role to enter into/execute Commercial arrangements. High levels of Commercial judgement are required to achieve outcomes required.
As a Sr. Product Manager for Asset Performance Management - Health, You will be responsible for creating strong working relationships & influence across executive leadership, product management, engineering and other functional groups to execute strategy within and across GE businesses, partners and customers. You may mentor one or more junior product managers. Your knowledge of Asset Performance Management (APM), mobile technologies, Industry 4.0, IIoT, cloud computing, computing infrastructure and the business drivers behind them will be an asset as you work with customers to build the future of the APM Health Pillar.
Roles and Responsibilities
Drives vision and strategy of APM Health Pillar and operator rounds offerings
Responsible for product line performance: Orders, revenue, cost and margin
Works closely with existing customers and prospects to understand business problems and needs
Accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives.
Integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, be involved in long-term planning, manage complex issues within functional area of expertise, and contribute to the overall business strategy.
Developing specialized knowledge of latest commercial developments in own area and communication skills to influence others. Contributes towards strategy and policy development, and ensure delivery within area of responsibility.
Has in-depth knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; has working knowledge of competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
Uses judgment to make decisions or solve moderately complex tasks or problems within projects, product lines, markets, sales processes, campaigns or customers. Takes new perspective on existing solutions. Uses technical experience and expertise for data analysis to support recommendations. Uses multiple internal and limited external sources outside of own function to arrive at decisions.
Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. May lead small projects with moderate risks and resource requirements. Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus. Developing persuasion skills required to influence others on topics within field.
For roles outside of the USA- This role requires significant experience in the Product Management & Digital Product Management. Knowledge level is comparable to a Master's degree from an accredited university or college ( or a high school diploma with relevant experience).
For roles in USA - Master's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 6 years of experience in Job Family Group(s)/Function(s)).
Proven experience as a Product Manager
As a federal government contractor, GE requires U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless you receive an approved medical or religious accommodation. Proof of vaccination will be required
Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills. Ability to build a business plan and convince the business to move in a recommended direction for product line.
• Proactively drives portfolio and investment decisions to balance customer needs, install base requirements (refresh) and long-term enterprise differentiation
• Evangelizes concepts beyond current offerings and considers business model innovation (product, service and delivery innovations) to enable faster return on investment for customers
• Defines and/or influences pricing strategy for product/product content/services and alignment across functions and organizations
• Aligns goals, feature sets, capabilities to business objectives for the product (i.e. Profitability, ROI, Market Penetration, Channel development, Brand Development, etc.)
• Working Knowledge of the technical characteristics of digital solutions such as APM, OPM, Predix Platform and Digital Worker product lines, including strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities for improvement
• Good understanding of the key use cases, customer personae and value propositions associated with the APM, OPM, Predix Platform and Digital Worker product lines
• Strong business analysis, problem solving, and strategy development skills • Evangelizes new technology, predicts trends, and identifies new opportunities based on trends
• Identifies the customer’s business and strategic needs, concerns, and desires for the value delivery capabilities from Voice of the Customer activities
• Establishes relationships in the market intelligence and research community
• Ability to interact at all levels of the organization and with other GE businesses
• Adopts a holistic systems perspective. Empathizes with multiple points of view. Challenges program/product planning assumptions
• Ability to work with cross-functional teams to help build effective processes
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas, and leverages chains of indirect influence
• Proactively engages with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions using critical thinking and analytical skills and best practices
• Able to re-appropriate existing solutions to new requirements and situations
• Emotional Intelligence, ability to influence up and out
• Accountable for policy decisions with incomplete, conflicting information and uncertain long-term dynamics
- Note: To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years’ experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/GE11GLOBAL/en_global/desktop/assets/images/poster_screen_reader_optimized_w_supplement.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE requires U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless you receive an approved medical or religious accommodation. Proof of vaccination will be required.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No