General Electric Product Definition (D3) in Queretaro, United States
Be up to date and be a leader in defining state of the art in own technical specialty in order to anticipate, apply, adapt, and/or develop technologies for product introduction, quality, performance, cost improvements and problem solving. Support other GE businesses, customers, and suppliers as required. Serve as a reviewer of new or improved designs to implement current design practices. Assume a leadership role in the overall accomplishment of goals and in the management and the team members.
Create CAD models and drawings using company sponsored CAD systems. Check, validate, and issue master models and drawings.
Work within the guidelines of applicable GE Policies and Procedures, Engineering Standards, Design Customer Operating Procedures, Specifications, Government and Commercial Standards, and special security requirements.
Understanding of Design Change Documentation and requirements and execution of changes
Utilize Six Sigma tools to improve current business products and processes. Document success of Six Sigma projects via Green Belt reports and/or presentations.
Define dimensional constraints and geometric tolerances required for proper clearances and fits while maximizing manufacturing capabilities
Capable of performing Stack-ups
Manage Concurrent Engineering processes and understand input from the different engineering disciplines.
Support project-planning schedules, including resources, needs, funding, and product definition releases. Concurrently work on multiple projects, monitoring progress and quality, and ensuring schedule requirements are met.
Identify product improvements
Check detail drawings and models
Ensure that interface characteristics between components are established and agreed upon by Designers of mating parts
Continually learn and apply latest techniques relative to computer aided design software and Data Management Systems (DMS)
Be up to date and be a recognized leader in own technical specialty
Provide Technical Support to cross-functional teams to improve or resolve form and fit of components.
Effectively communicate and provide recommendations to internal and external GE customers through the analysis, preparation, and presentation of technical data.
Provide technical guidance to other personnel and assigned teams; mentor others in the organization.
· Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of IT, engineering, scientific or other technical experience)
· At least 6 additional years of experience in the design of mechanical components and systems
• Solid contribution in a similar role or previous position
• Knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerance (ASME Y14.5M, or applicable) relative to the function.
• Effective written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish. For more information, consult the HR English Evaluations document located in Support Central.
In case of being a GEIQ employee, you must have previously occupied a position as an E2 or E3.
• Presentation Skills: Ability to communicate with Senior Leadership.
• Capable of coaching others to accomplish assignments
• Demonstrated ability in managing projects across functions
• Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership experience
• Demonstrated ability in establishing common goals and objectives
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
Locations: Mexico; Queretaro
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.