General Electric Software QA Engineer in Queretaro, Mexico
Job Description Summary
GE Infrastructure Queretaro, we call it GEIQ! Our mission is to improve productivity in the GE businesses we support, with world class engineering solutions. We are looking for a Software Quality Assurance Engineer (QAE) to join one of our growing teams. The ideal candidate will thrive in a dynamic, results-driven, team-oriented environment, taking on test activities throughout the entire product lifecycle such as requirements analysis, test planning, test execution, regression testing and test reporting. You will have worked in an agile environment, have solid test skills and be able to work on test automation as opportunities are identified. This role is responsible for testing a feature and/or a small feature set with ability to work independently, break down problems and estimate time for quality related tasks.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Work independently and delivers testing and use case creation which meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
• Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
• Begin to collaborate with development team in bugs fixing and build plans
• Collaborate with Quality Leaders in creating test plans
• Define quality metrics, best practices and coding patterns, and provides deep expertise on the coding
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with basic experience.
Desired CharacteristicsTechnical expertise
• Minimum two years of experience in test automation
• Experience in writing, executing and monitoring automated test suites with various automation tools such as: Cucumber, Protractor, Selenium, Newman, etc.
• Understanding of performance testing tools likes JMeter or Locust
• Experience with issue-tracking and agile project management systems such as Jira, Confluence, Rally, etc.
• Has a solid understanding of the underlying infrastructure needed to run a large distributed web application
• Effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills, in English and Spanish.
• Demonstrates the ability to help team members
• Identifies opportunities for innovation and offers new ideas. Takes the initiative to experiment with new software frameworks
• Adapts to new environments and changing requirements. Pivots quickly as needed. When coached, responds to need & seeks info from other sources
About GE Digital
GE Digital is an Equal Opportunity Employer where inclusion matters. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics protected by law.
GE Digital transforms how our customers solve their toughest challenges by putting industrial data to work. Our mission is to bring simplicity, speed, and scale to digital transformation activities, with industrial software that delivers breakthrough business outcomes. GE Digital’s product portfolio helps industrial companies in the utility, power generation, oil & gas, aviation, and manufacturing sectors change the way industry works. For more information, visit www.ge.com/digital .
Relocation Assistance Provided: No