General Electric Software Engineer in Queretaro, Mexico
Job Description Summary
Responsible for designing, building, delivering and maintaining software applications & services. Working in the areas of machine, cloud, platform and/or application. Responsible for software lifecycle including activities such as requirement analysis, documentation/procedures and implementation.
Roles and Responsibilities
Collaborate with system engineers, frontend developers and software developers to implement solutions that are aligned with and extend shared platforms and solutions
Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
Programming experience with C#/ Java/ Python
Writes codes that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
Build features such as web services and Queries on existing tables
Understand performance parameters and assess application performance
Work on core data structures and algorithms and implement them using language of choice
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with basic experience.
Experience with database tools (Sql Server/ Oracle)
Aware of methods and practices such as Lean/Agile/XP, etc.
Prior work experience in an agile environment, or introductory training on Lean/Agile. Aware of and able to apply continuous integration (CI).
General understanding of the impacts of technology choice to the software development life cycle.
• Voices opinions and presents clear rationale. Uses data or factual evidence to influence.
• Learns organization vision statement and decision making framework. Able to understand how team and personal goals/objectives contribute to the organization vision.
• Completes assigned tasks on time and with high quality. Takes independent responsibility for assigned deliverables.
• Has the ability to break down problems and estimate time for development tasks.
• Seeks to understand problems thoroughly before implementing solutions. Asks questions to clarify requirements when ambiguities are present.
• Identifies opportunities for innovation and offers new ideas. Takes the initiative to experiment with new software frameworks
• Adapts to new environments and changing requirements. Pivots quickly as needed. When coached, responds to need & seeks info from other sources
•Write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected
for the project
Relocation Assistance Provided: No