General Electric Software Engineer in Queretaro, Mexico
Job Description Summary
GE Infrastructure Queretaro, we call it GEIQ! Our mission is to improve productivity in the GE businesses we support, with world class engineering solutions. We are looking for a Software Engineer (SWE) to join one of our growing teams. The ideal candidate will thrive in a dynamic, results-driven, team-oriented environment. This role is responsible for designing, building, delivering, and maintaining software applications and services. Handling machine, cloud, platform and/or application support. In this role you would be responsible for software lifecycle (SDLC) activities, including requirement analysis, documentation, procedures and implementation.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Have awareness of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques.
• Ability to write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
• Understand performance parameters and can assess application performance.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with basic experience.
Desired Characteristics Technical Expertise:
• Experience with database tools such as SQL, PostGreSQL, ORMs.
• Experience with Azure or other Cloud platforms.
• Comfortable in building features such as web services and Queries on existing tables.
• Aware of methods and practices such as Lean/Agile/XP, etc.
• Aware of and able to apply continuous integration (CI).
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills in English and Spanish.
• Completes assigned tasks on time and with high quality. Takes independent responsibility for assigned deliverables.
• Adapts to new environments and changing requirements. Pivots quickly as needed. When coached, responds to need & seeks info from other sources.
About GE Digital
GE Digital is an Equal Opportunity Employer where inclusion matters. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics protected by law.
GE Digital transforms how our customers solve their toughest challenges by putting industrial data to work. Our mission is to bring simplicity, speed, and scale to digital transformation activities, with industrial software that delivers breakthrough business outcomes. GE Digital’s product portfolio helps industrial companies in the utility, power generation, oil & gas, aviation, and manufacturing sectors change the way industry works. For more information, visit www.ge.com/digital .
Relocation Assistance Provided: No