General Electric Edison Engineering Development Program - GE Aviation, Queretaro Mexico in Queretaro, Mexico
Role Summary:If you love technology and want a career in Engineering, the Edison Engineering Development Program (EEDP) is for you! EEDP is an entry-level engineering program consisting of rotational assignments and technical training. GE is committed to the development of tomorrow’s technologists, who have a real passion for technology/software and a drive for technical excellence.
Essential Responsibilities:GE’s Edison Engineering Development Program (EEDP) is a two-year program that offers exceptional experiences to lay the foundation to build a brilliant Engineering career at GE. Edison Engineers gain professional development through an intense training program and a variety of business-critical assignments to make innovative contributions to GE Aviation’s product lines. The program is designed to accelerate your professional development through challenging technical training and a variety of business-critical assignments. Edison graduates have the technical and business foundation to innovate and create the future of flight with GE.
EEDPs shall build solid Engineering experiences aligned by GE business priorities. This requires contributing in high-profiled projects to impact GE Aviation product lines in rotational job assignments in different operative teams at GEIQ, under the supervision of experienced GE Engineers.
EEDPs shall develop technical problem-solving skills via the prestigious Advanced Course of Engineering (ACE). This requires attending and completing successfully 1 year of classroom training and 1 year of project-based training, involving multidisciplinary Engineering analysis, preparation of formal reports and presentations to senior leadership.
To accomplish that, your responsibilities will be:
• Work on 3 to 4 job rotations over 2 years in a variety of disciplines, including Mechanical Design, Electro-mechanical and Controls Systems, Thermodynamic Analysis, CAD, and others.
• Receive technical training, mentorship, and coaching from world-class technologists and experienced technical managers.
• Participate in leadership development training with GE program members from other business and locations.
Qualifications/Requirements:• Undergraduate degree or master’s degree in relevant Engineering disciplines (Mechanical, Aerospace, Mechatronics, Electromechanical) from an accredited University or College.
• Maximum 1 year of professional experience (student co-op or internship experience is highly appreciated)
• Demonstrated knowledge in Mechanical Design, Thermodynamics, or Electro-mechanical Systems (student projects and degree Thesis are highly valued)
• Strong mathematical and analytical abilities: excellent command of numerical methods, college-level Mathematics (algebra, calculus), and college-level Physics.
• Passion for learning and technical growth: motivated, curious, self-learner.
• Strong oral and written communication skills in English and Spanish.
• Team player: ability of build trust & commitment with colleagues in a high-performance team.
• Resilience: capacity to adapt to fast-paced changes, switch between technical disciplines and shorten learning curves.
• Demonstrated unyielding integrity in all business and academic dealings.
• Legal right to work in Mexico. We will not sponsor individuals for legal permits or visas.
Desired Characteristics:• Excellent academic records (scholarships, travel bursaries and research projects are a plus)
• Knowledgeable with Engineering computing tools (Ansys, Unigraphics/NX, CAD tools, CFD tools, Matlab, Simulink or Scade)
• Time management: capacity to configure a balanced routine to enclose project assignments, academic activities and personal time.
• Ability to develop personal connections with people and manage projects and initiatives (extra-curricular activities, community service and volunteerism are highly valued)
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.comAdditional Locations:Mexico;Queretaro;