General Electric SAM Product Manager in Puteaux, France
The Software Asset Management team is part of GE Digital / Coretech / Digital Workplace Solution. As part of service offerings of Coretech, Software Asset Management (SAM) product centralizes the lifecycle processes around management of software licenses for all GE users and GE businesses.
DWS SAM team is responsible to coordinate and partner with all the GE businesses SAM leaders (SGLs : part of the GE SAM network) and in charge of driving delivery, improvement and standardization across GE.
As part of Coretech transformation strategy, Software Asset Management is now considered as a product/service delivered to our customers (GE businesses).
As the SAM Product Manager, as part of Software Asset Management team within Coretech DWS, you will be in charge of :
Managing the DWS SAM experts: Define measurable and clear objectives for the team that will participate to grow the team, optimize our customers portfolio, decrease the Total Cost of Ownership, adapt organization to DWS SAM stakes and transformation ;
Delivering with the team all SAM operation activities related to all DWS SAM team in scope publishers / software and software categorie(s) / technology(ies) ;
Driving and initiating continuous improvement on behalf of our customers (GE businesses) to drive cost efficiency/optimization, process standardization, delivery performance and any improvement that will drive to end user satisfaction and cost reduction. You will monitor improvement plans with DWS SAM team according to the roadmap agreed with GE businesses and DWS SAM leadership ;
Contributing with DWS SAM leadership to SAM strategy as a product.
Leading SAM governance across GE, partnering with GE businesses and any GE third parties that contributes to SAM activities (DWT, Security…).
For that purpose you will : Be the DWS SAM team point of contact for GE businesses SAM leaders.
In that role, you will :
Partner with GE Businesses SAM leaders and ensure a strong relationship with them ;
Drive SAM governance with GE businesses. In that role you will manage on a day to day basis our partnership with GE Business to strengthen a full alignment on strategy and execution plans/roadmap that should contribute to a successful relationship ;
Be the point of contact for any internal third party related to operations (security, DWT…) when required…).
In that role, you will make the connection with any third party in to facilitate DWS SAM team needs. On this scope, you will work very closely with DWT team in charge of SAM tools in order to support SAM tool improvement strategy. Managing relevant reporting and dashboards related to DWS SAM activities and progress (operational metrics, spend, savings, SLAs…).
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent
• Broad experience of SAM management
• Ability to Work autonomously, proactively and initiative taker
• Good communication and Interpersonal skills
• Management skills : Ability to manage DWS SAM team and SAM network across GE
• Customer oriented
• Analytical skills
• Fluent in English
• Competence in MS Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
• GE will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this role.
• Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Good understanding of software contract and financial control principles
• Knowledge of the current software market, main players’ strategies and main trends, software product lifecycle and value chain, most important software license models, in terms of software ownership model and cost structure
• Experience on software license management
• Ability to quickly integrate a large company
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
Locations: France, Hungary, United States; Florida; Puteaux, Budapest, Budapest