General Electric Software Engineer in Pune, India
Role Summary:Responsible for programing a feature and or a small feature set. Contributes to the team and works with direction from Senior Team Members or management, beginning to work independently.
Essential Responsibilities:• Has the ability to take ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using their
discretion to seek help when necessary.
• Applies principles of SDLC and Lean/Agile/XP/TDD/CI/CD methodologies, Documentation
Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques to deliver high quality, secured, and scalable
• Skilled in writing code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the
technology selected for the project.
• Skilled in core data structures and algorithms and implements them using language of choice.Is
eager to pair and learn.
• Comfortable in building features such as web services and Queries on existing tables.
• Understands performance parameters and can assess application performance.
• Understands the importance of test-driven development and high-quality output.
• Demonstrates awareness about product positioning and differentiations.
• Has the ability to evaluate basic technology choices and articulate tradeoffs.
• Demonstrate the ability to help team members through pair programming and code reviews.
• Is open to receiving guidance and direction; asks questions and communicate challenges.
Qualifications/Requirements:• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering
• A minimum of 2-4 years of professional experience
• Hands-on experience with Visual Studio, C# .net programming, databases
• Good to have experience with Angular JS, Node JS, developing apps for cloud platform and
familiarity with microservices architecture.
• Self-driven, motivated individual with learning agility
About Us:Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. We deploy minds and machines to enhance customer productivity, safety and environmental stewardship, while minimizing costs and risks at every step of the energy value chain. With
operations in over 120 countries, we infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.Additional Locations:India;Pune;