General Electric Technical Product Analyst in Prague, Czech Republic
Job Description Summary
Responsible for operating in lock-step with product managers to the successful delivery of a product throughout its lifecycle. You will communicate clear and descriptive requirements and partner with the development team to deliver products that balance the desire for new features with defects and technical debt. Your priority is to ensure that the product meets the stakeholder requirements, retains functional and technical integrity and is appropriately scalable.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Work with cross-functional (design, build, test, process) teams to deliver features and products
• Provide input to the short-term product roadmap and product design
• Participate in customer and stakeholder interviews to align product design with roles (personas)
• Assist product managers to groom the product backlog; ensuring that an agreed amount of scope is always ready to move forward and identifying if this is not the case
• Engage frequently with or be an integral member of the product development team; facilitate discussions, provide clarification, drive feature refinement, conduct testing and validation
• Understand and follow the proscribed governance process and development methodology for product development
• Translate customer requests into actionable user stories and work units through problem decomposition and planning
• Show increasing understanding of the technology stack and its impact on the final product
Bachelor's Degree in with basic experience.
For roles in USA:Bachelor's Degree in with minimum years of experience2years
Desired CharacteristicsTechnical Expertise:
• Strong knowledge of software design and coding principles• Familiarity with versatile implementation options
• Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
• Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
• Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices
• Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas. Pre-emptively sees downstream consequences and effectively tailors influencing strategy to support a positive outcome.
• Able to verbalize what is behind decisions and downstream implications. Continuously reflecting on success and failures to improve performance and decision-making.
• Understands when change is needed.
• Proactively engages with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions using critical thinking and analysis skills and best practices. Finds important patterns in seemingly unrelated information.
• Maintains excitement for a process and drives to new directions of meeting the goal even when odds and setbacks render one path impassable.
• Innovates and integrates new processes and/or technology to significantly add value to GE.
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years’ experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This Job Description is intended to provide a high level guide to the role. However, it is not intended to amend or otherwise restrict/expand the duties required from each individual employee as set out in their respective employment contract and/or as otherwise agreed between an employee and their manager.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No