General Electric Configuration Management Leader in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
At GE Transportation at http://www.getransportation.com/ , we move the world. We
are a global digital industrial leader and supplier to the rail, mining, marine, stationary power and drilling
industries. Our solutions help customers deliver goods and services with greater speed and greater savings using
our advanced manufacturing techniques, industry expertise and connected machines. Established more than a
century ago, GE Transportation is a division of GE that began as a pioneer in passenger and freight locomotives.
That innovative spirit still drives GE Transportation today. It's the engine of change that puts us at the forefront of
transportation technology, software, and analytics. And it's why we continue to find-and realize-the potential that
keeps our connected world moving forward. The GE Transportation Global Headquarters is located in Chicago,
Illinois. There are over 65 service sites worldwide
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Configuration Management Leader is responsible for the successful definition, execution and enforcement of configuration management processes, plans, procedures, workflows, tools and best practices of engineering new product/technology development programs, product updates, customer project fulfillment or product maintenance projects.
As a Configuration Management Leader, you will provide tactical and strategic management and leadership to a team of configuration management engineers, working cross-functionally with other engineering teams as well as other teams outside of engineering. Working within a matrix environment, you will be responsible for definition, execution and enforcement of configuration management processes, plans, procedures, workflows, tools and best practices to ensure quality products for both internal and external customers, that meet key product and project requirements in compliance with engineering standards & practices. In addition, you will also be responsible for leading a team of configuration management engineers to provide direction on configuration management domain aligned to business strategy.
• Responsible for defining Configuration Management strategy for engineering projects including new product development like Modular Control Architecture (MCA), which is a next generation control platform for diesel-electric locomotive application.
• Lead and provide direction to a team of configuration management engineers working cross-functionally with systems engineering, product management, commercial teams, simulation, software, verification, validation, and hardware teams in pursuit of innovative and efficient configuration management processes and plans
• Develop and enforce Configuration Management processes and plans for the next generation locomotive control system, driving cross-functional integration of Configuration Management plans.
• Ensure consistency and regular updates for MCA engineering processes
• Responsible for Configuration Management of MCA deliverables
• Responsible for MCA Engineering Change Control
• Manage Release deployment to customers and Integration and Validation teams
• Manage the MCA Product Breakdown Structure
• Manage Configuration Management Standards and Guidelines for the project
• Integrate MCA Configuration Management strategy with GET Proposals process
• Responsible for Alignment of MCA Processes with existing GET Processes
• Drive Configuration Management process improvements to improve quality, time to market and cost for development effort
• Build sustainable methods, tools, processes. metrics and culture necessary for successful Configuration Management.
• Masters in Electrical/Computer Engineering with 5+ years’ experience OR Bachelor's in Electrical/Computer Engineering with 8+ years of relevant experience in product development, NPI and project management in industrial sector
• Minimum of 2 years of technical experience developing configuration management processes and/or plans for embedded controls systems (i.e. source control, revision control, defect management, workflow management, etc.).
• Knowledge of Configuration Management standards (e.g. IEEE 828-2005, EIA649B, etc.)
• Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed goals and objectives in a matrix organization
• Proven strong interpersonal, communication, influencing, analytical and leadership skills
• Proven organization and management skills
• Pro-active, organized, motivated and results-oriented team player, with strong sense of ownership, accountability and sense of urgency
• Demonstrated initiative and resourcefulness to solve problems and deliver results
• Ability and willingness to travel as required (including international)
• Leadership experience in a matrix organization
• Experience in Model Based Engineering design
• Knowledge of MagicDraw and Matlab/Simulink tools
• Knowledge of Docker technology
• Knowledge of Agile development methodology
Locations: United States; Pennsylvania; Erie
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.